How patriotic are you?

My parents are immigrants and made a wonderful life for my brother and me. This may sound cliched but it is true.

They came here with two pieces of luggage and now their company will do about $100 mil in revenue this year.

This is the America I am proud of and this is the America I will die for.

I'm patriotic in the sense that I will fight for the country if need be (invasion) , and I certainly acknowledge what is so great about America. But I'm not a nationalist, I won't say for certain that we are better than anyone else, or anything like that. Before America, we are people of Earth first.

As an immigrant, I'm a patriot of America.

I laugh each time when I hear young kids bitch about how America is bad in this or that.

Yeah, the country isn't perfect, but the thing is, we live in a real world and in real world it is the best country to live in and be born in. Unfortunately they do not value it because it's given, not earned. I earned it hard way and I know and value of the way this country is built and the way this country lives.

As for bitching kids, it would be nice if they traveled to 3rd world countries for a while and lived there as those countries' natives live. No tourist shit, no volunteering (ie working for some non-profit org distributing food condoms and vaccines etc), but move there with no money and live there as the natives do and get paid on their scale and face all those problems they face the way they do it every day. Maybe after that they change their mind.

If not, I'm okay if they die trying. 3rd world countries are usually much more dangerous places to live in, things could happen.

Not at all really.

Being patriotic is retarded. You may as well say you're proud of having brown eyes or you're proud of having blonde hair. It's pretty ridiculous to be proud of something you had no say in the matter on.

Saying that, I do veer towards the English athletes in some sports. So there is some sort of national pride there somewhere.
Not football tho, I can't remember the last time I wanted the English football team to win a game.

I love my country. I travel a lot and I can find the good in most places I go...But I'm always glad to be home. And being a New Yorker, I have every cultures cuisine at my beckon call lol..in the last 4 weeks I have had probably 15 different countries cuisine haha

Back