How painful is a broken toe ripping thru skin?

kazama

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In the post fight interview right after the Chael fight he seemed cringed by how it looked rather than how it felt.

Can adrenaline rush cover up this kind of pain?

0:14 - 0:23

3:10

Uriahs look like it hurt pretty bad

bones-toe1.gif

Yeah I was about to say, Jones probably didn't feel it right away.

I bet it hurt like a mother when the adrenaline wore off though.

If Jon was on cocaine for that fight, it would have shown up in his post fight drug test.

Holy shit people are reaching on this board.

And yes, adrenaline would cover up that pain.

It was the beginning of his coke use... but seriously I broke my elbow an it didn't hurt till after the surgery

If Jon was on cocaine for that fight, it would have shown up in his post fight drug test.

Holy shit people are reaching on this board.

And yes, adrenaline would cover up that pain.

It's that time you know

Someone already made a thread about this but yes, adrenaline can over take the pain and I am proof.

When I was 26 I worked in sheet metal and cut off 1/2 inch of my left ring finger complete down to the bone and part of my left pinky in a 60 ton Amada press brake bending aluminum sheets.

I did not feel a thing. However the recovery was a complete painful bitch.

Someone already made a thread about this but yes, adrenaline can over take the pain and I am proof.

When I was 26 I worked in sheet metal and cut off 1/2 inch of my left ring finger complete down to the bone and part of my left pinky in a 60 ton Amada press brake bending aluminum sheets.

I did not feel a thing. However the recovery was a complete painful bitch.

Damnnnnnn... Thanks for sharing.

/thread

Considering he was in a big event and fighting I'm sure there was enough adrenaline to mask the pain away. I broke a toe grappling and didn't really feel much pain until like 30 mins when we were done and resting and noticed my toe was really swollen and purple. I'm sure many will agree the next day and recovery time is the worst part.

Damnnnnnn... Thanks for sharing.

/thread

It's cool because when I healed up I ended up quitting my job. Went back to college and got a Masters degree in Molecular biology with undergrads in Microbiology/Mol Bio. Best thing to ever happen to me really.

I do have pics to prove this if anyone doesn't believe me. PM me a working email address and I will send you a pic with name and date on paper to prove it.

that injury happened to a guy at a bjj tournament i was at. he handled it alot better than jones did.

It's cool because when I healed up I ended up quitting my job. Went back to college and got a Masters degree in Molecular biology with undergrads in Microbiology/Mol Bio. Best thing to ever happen to me really.

I do have pics to prove this if anyone doesn't believe me. PM me a working email address and I will send you a pic with name and date on paper to prove it.

No thanks, i had enough broken toe gif for the day.

Just wondering since its a toe, shouldnt it be more concentrated. Concentrated meaning the pain is faster to feel than say a broken arm

EDIT

You sure you didnt use PEDS before the accident?

In the post fight interview right after the Chael fight he seemed cringed by how it looked rather than how it felt.

Can adrenaline rush cover up this kind of pain?

0:14 - 0:23

I broke my arm in half from a fall when I was younger. I didn't notice and my brother freaked the fuck out when he saw after I stood up and that's how I found out.
I didn't feel anything at first because the pain comes later.
While I was waiting for an ambulance they had to cover my arm with a shirt because looking at it made me almost puke.

I imagine his response was fairly normal considering it wasn't as bad as mine and he had tons of adrenaline pumping through him.

PS, don't believe people who say your bones get stronger after a break. Maybe that one specific spot does, but the areas around my arm have always felt weaker to me.

PPS, Don't ever put your arms out behind you to break your fall when falling backwards. It's one of the most common ways to fuck up your day.

PPPS, shit still hurts when it gets really cold :(

You really don't feel it. See the Kevin Ware Louisville injury or even the Paul George one. Kevin Ware had his leg bone sticking out his skin and he said he really didn't feel it, he just knew something was wrong down there. you feel it later after the adrenaline wears down. It just feels like a slow burn with gasoline.

I don't think it broke either and there was no bone pushing through. I think it was just completely dislocated.

Back