How Overhyped are Sage and Paige?

Paige last fight was a joke, she got outclassed so badly...what is she doing in the gym? Really why doesnt she understand striking any better, i mean she is able bodi3d and agile and could do 0retty much any movmenet .
For paige it is in the brain, she already got outclassed one time by rose but didnt change anything. Its one thig lossing like sage but paige isn't even competitive.
Seriously what the heck does paige van zant work on when she is in the gym?

Honestly I think its the Lesnar era over again, the UFC struck gold with McGregor who lived up to the hype and just as with "the new breed" like Duffy they were convinced they could make anyone who looked the part into a success reguardless of how skilled they were.

The supprising thing for me is that prior to this they've never really seemed that interested in Waterson considering for me she's both more skilled and probably the best looking fighter in WMMA. I spose Paige conform more to the white blonde with a massive smile that Fox News love so but its not 1985 anymore.

Just because they are Young doesn't they are going to reach the top. They have potential doesn't mean they are going to achieve it.

When I say overhyped I don't necessarily mean overrated, although that may be the case as well. What I mean is, how well do you think their hype matches their talent? In my eyes, neither has shown the kind of "rising star" talent that we've been brainwashed to believe they have. That said they are two of the youngest fighters on the roster, and I'm sure they will grow exponentially. Which leads to another question; do you think the UFC's over promotion of the two could hinder their growth as fighters?

They are overhyped with respect to where their fights get placed on a card. No way should they have had top billing over Uriah Faber's retirement match. They are Dana's novelty project , so they get special attention. Of the two Sage has shown less progress , so I would say he is the most overhyped.

The problem is... The UFC is no learning ground, get comfortable with your skills before joining the big show.
Sage will never amount to much imo. Quits way too easy, VZ on the other hand has the grit to become a contender if she's matched carefully for a while.

When I say overhyped I don't necessarily mean overrated, although that may be the case as well. What I mean is, how well do you think their hype matches their talent? In my eyes, neither has shown the kind of "rising star" talent that we've been brainwashed to believe they have. That said they are two of the youngest fighters on the roster, and I'm sure they will grow exponentially. Which leads to another question; do you think the UFC's over promotion of the two could hinder their growth as fighters?
Damn man. Did you see the other 4 threads about this today?

VanZant is not overrated.

Sage was kind of legit when he joined, lots of karate trophies, young, fast, decent striking, Paige tho? She was sort of the new "Ronda", in a way that they try to promote her as "the pretty girl that fights", thing is, Ronda at least beat everyone before Holly, PVZ not so much.

Back