How on earth does Condit deserve a title shot?

He lost to Hendricks both times. Everyone who watched it knows he received a BS decision, but now everyone suddenly has amnesia.

naaaaaah. the fights were close enough to upset some people, but i've seen much worse BS decisions than either of those.

i think Robbie is the deserving champ, and i don't see how anyone could really argue against it after the bloodfest that was Robbie v Rory.

FWIW i had Hendricks win the 1st and Lawler win the 2nd, but can see why some may argue the contrary. To say he's not the real champ is a bit daft though, Robbie and Johnny (when he was on the way to the TS) are both a cut above the rest of the div IMO.

its because he was so exciting vs diaz last title shot.

it wasn't a title shot. it was a glorified number 1 contender match. when he actually fought for the title, he was aggressive as hell and brought it to gsp. plus taunting and crying like a bitch doesn't win fights.

can someone explain why condit is getting the title fight over woodley?

Conor was more deserving than anyone else who previously earned a FW title shot.

Except maybe Ricardo Lamas.
Lamas has the most difficult path to Aldo, IMO. He finished Cub and butchered Koch when he was supposed to be the next big thing. Hioki and Grice, as well.

Is everyone forgetting that the Title is just a prop to sell fights?

No one wants to see Hendricks vs. Lawler 3. That fight won't bring them the most money even if Hendricks on paper should be next in line.

The fight that will sell the most is Condit vs. Lawler and that's why Hendricks is fighting Woodley. These are fights people want to see, not going by what they should make on paper.

I think that the whole idea of "deserving" a shot is totally out the window at this point. That being said, I think that the real argument about deserving a shot hinges on if you consider the Woodley fight a loss or a freak injury.

i think Robbie is the deserving champ, and i don't see how anyone could really argue against it after the bloodfest that was Robbie v Rory.

scores.jpg

It was a pretty clear win for hendricks. At the time most everyone called it BS but was happy for Robbie, but still thought it was bullshit. How does nobody remember that? I feel like im in a twilight zone episode

scores.jpg

It was a pretty clear win for hendricks. At the time most everyone called it BS but was happy for Robbie, but still thought it was bullshit. How does nobody remember that? I feel like im in a twilight zone episode

was that from Lawler Hendricks 1 or 2? i said in my reply i agreed with decisions in both bouts - i had first one for Johnny... second one for Robbie. I like Hendricks!! :)

scores.jpg

That fight comes down to how you scored round 4, which honestly could have gone to either guy or been a draw. Lawler clearly won the 1st round and 5th round and Hendricks clearly won the 2nd and 3rd round.

I don't think a decision is ever BS or a robbery when it pretty much comes down to a single round and the closest one of the entire fight.

If Hendricks didn't go for that takedown in the last minute of round 4 he probably wins the fight but he did, got stuffed and was eating hard GnP.

i'd rather see lawler v condit than lawler v hendricks

The ww division is a mess now.:)

just for this fight, forget the rankings and just enjoy the violence.

I personally think that Woodley deserves the fight more considering their last few bouts. But Condit is the better fight here so I see where they are going with this. Both guys are very credible challengers for the belt

He probably doesn't but his injury loss to Woodley can be easily overlooked. Besides, most people would much, much rather see Lawler/Condit than Lawler/Hendricks 3.

Condit may not deserve it but I applaud the UFC for making this fight. What you have is two crowd favorites who are both last gen old fighters, Lawler began in 2001, Condit in 2002, and both of whom are long in the tooth, Lawler with 36 fights, Condit with 38 fights. If they don't make the fight now then we probably never see it while both are still at their zenith.

This is absolutely 100% the right time to make this fight, for the fans, two old school strikers fighting for a belt.

bravo.gif

just for this fight, forget the rankings and just enjoy the violence.

Ya, exactly.

Rankings dont and never have fully been the reason to give title shots. The UFC is a promotion and puts on the fights they think are best. Even if Condit hasnt proven himself the past few fights as much as Woodley, no one can deny he isnt a top WW or serious challenger.

Some critics complain about this not being a sport?? That is not correct, its just the system that combat sports employ to give title shots. Its been like this in the UFC, Pride and other organizations. And like that in boxing, its not always the highest ranked and most deserving. Look at Floyd vs Berto.

Fans have to understand this concept.

Who cares.

It's an incredible matchup and if you don't want to watch it, I am not really sure why you watch MMA.

woodley clearly deserves it more. but i think the guys at zuffa dont wanna give him a shitle tot because of his previous refusal to fight lombard.

Back