How on earth does Condit deserve a title shot?

Being one of the best in the world over the last 5 years or so I guess.

I know you can say "OMG He's lost 3 of his last 5 WTF!?" But he lost to GSP in a very competitive fight. Hendricks in a fight I think he wins if it's a 5 round fight as he was coming on strong at the end when Hendricks was fading and then lost to Woodley via injury.

I'd argue that Woodley may be more deserving, but Woodley is going to tangle with Hendricks for the next title shot already. Lombard would be a great choice but he got popped for PED's so he's unavailable.

Condit has 30 wins, puts on good fights and in all honesty, I think he can beat Robbie with his overall diversity.

WW is fine... no one dominant on the horizon at the moment and it looks like Woodley, Macdonald, Hendricks, Lawler, Condit and maybe Lombard if he returns all get to rough each other up for the next couple years. Enjoy it.

Say hendricks beats lawler then robbie strings a few wins together

That would mean lawler vs hendricks 4 which doesn't sound appealing to me

Champion : Robbie Lawler
1 Johny Hendricks
2 Rory MacDonald
3 Tyron Woodley
4 Carlos Condit​

and Johny is fighting Tyron

The fight was made because it's a good fight on paper and I'm sure the backlash of Hendricks getting yet another crack after a boring fight with Brown had something to do with it.

There's no logical way to explain the fight rankings wise. Woodley while only on a 2 fight win streak and coming off of a split decision win, beat Condit recenty and should still be ahead of him.

Truth.
No one really wants to see another Hendricks-Lawler fight at this point, when we can watch a fight we haven't seen yet (Condit-Lawler). As to why Condit and not say, Woodley... who knows? I think Condit gets a little bit of respect from the brass, having held championship gold before (at least at the "interim" level).

He probably doesn't but his injury loss to Woodley can be easily overlooked. Besides, most people would much, much rather see Lawler/Condit than Lawler/Hendricks 3.

nah, maybe if he was winning.

he was losing every second of that fight and got finished because woodley's leg kick was strong enough to make condit do some spinning shit.

He doesnt. But then Robbie Lawler isnt really the champion. So a fake challenger vs. a fake champion is fine & it will be a badass fight.

Meanwhile Woodley gets to face the legit champion to see who the real #1 WW is.

why isn't Lawler the real champ? who you got above him and why?

Who really wants Hendricks/Lawler 3?
Like it or not, Its the most exciting fight to be made at WW.

He already beat Rory, he probably beats Tyron and Johnny over 5 too.

Last edited:
Gona be an exciting fight whether it's deserved or not. Definitely better than Lawler Hendricks 3

Does Condit really deserve a title shot more than Woodley or Hendricks? No, he doesn't. But let's stop complaining and enjoy the fact that this is one of if not the most exciting matchups that MMA has to offer. The fight will be pure violence and I'm looking forward to enjoying it.

Because people have been complaining about Hendricks/Lawler III
Are you happy now?

By running from Nick Diaz who is known to get undeserved title shots.

Running and landing strikes are 2 more things Condit did to Diaz than Diaz did to Condit in their fight.

Standing still in the cage with your arms out complaining that you have no answer for people who have gameplans doesn't win you fights.

2 wins in his last 5. Beats me. That being said it should be a great fight, as long as Carlos leaves these at home...

OLSblog_post1_pic1_031110.gif

"Deserve" is very low on the ladder of reasons pertaining to why the ufc makes fights.

Since when does just desserts come into play. I wouldn't let it bother you. I am a big Robbie fan, but would love to see Carlos as champ. I hope Rory eventually comes back and gets it though.

I think this whole division is very exciting. I admit that I'm not interested in seeing Hendricks as champ again, but If he gets his chance and earns it, I'll have no problem with that.

The thing with prizefighting is that sometimes luck plays a major role. Sometimes the best guy isn't the champ. A number five guy may just have the rightful champs number and can somehow always beat the champ, but can't beat the other contenders. Guys get injured, or suspended. But the game goes on. Sometimes it is bad for business to keep having the same two guys fight all the time....

nah, maybe if he was winning.

he was losing every second of that fight and got finished because woodley's leg kick was strong enough to make condit do some spinning shit.

He got the injury from a takedown before the leg kick.

He doesn't but I just enjoy the fact that crybaby Hendricks has another reason to cry, it is awesome.

And this fight is clearly made due to its entertainment purposes.

Are people seriously complaining about this fight? Condit may not deserve it but who on earth wants to see ANOTHER forced trilogy happen?

This is the best fight possible at welterweight, why complain? Just enjoy the unbridled violence.

Back