How on earth does Condit deserve a title shot?

By running from Nick Diaz who is known to get undeserved title shots.

He probably doesn't but his injury loss to Woodley can be easily overlooked. Besides, most people would much, much rather see Lawler/Condit than Lawler/Hendricks 3.

Maybe Dana just doesn't like the thought of Hendricks being champ.

He makes the most exciting matchup with Lawler in the top 5

Ufc is a business and not a sport.
I think they believe they can sell Condit as champ if he is to win.
He is probably an easier sell than someone like Maia.

He doesnt. But then Robbie Lawler isnt really the champion. So a fake challenger vs. a fake champion is fine & it will be a badass fight.

Meanwhile Woodley gets to face the legit champion to see who the real #1 WW is.

He doesn't, hes 2-3 in his last five.

I just think that the UFC is trying to put on another firefight like Robbie/Rory for marketing purposes of the division.

he doesn't, its a joke. should've been hendricks to just get it over with.

The fight was made because it's a good fight on paper and I'm sure the backlash of Hendricks getting yet another crack after a boring fight with Brown had something to do with it.

There's no logical way to explain the fight rankings wise. Woodley while only on a 2 fight win streak and coming off of a split decision win, beat Condit recenty and should still be ahead of him.

As soon as people realize that the UFC / mma isn't a true sport people will be happier. I look at it as completion / entertainment . There is no direct path to a title fight. In true sports you know what you have to do to go to the Super Bowl , nba finals, World Series, etc.

Its complete and total horseshit.

lost to Hendricks and would in a rematch

lost to GSP and would in a rematch

ran from Diaz to an embarassing win

Got stopped quick and broken by Woodley...

Got a nice finish over war torn and broken down future LW Thiago.

Seems title worthy.

He doesn't the ufc no longer cares about deserving or earned though. Examples, DC vs Rumble instead of Bader vs Rumble, DC vs Gus instead of DC vs Bader, Barao's instant rematch against Dillashaw and his actual rematch, Mendes fighting Conor for interim belt over Edgar, Arlovski not getting the next shot at Werdum, Condit fighting Lawler.

Of course he doesn't. But they really, really didn't want Lawler-Hendricks III so soon, Rory just lost to Lawler, and no one else really stands out.

An argument could be made for Woodley but he's not exactly a slam dunk contender (looked absolutely horrible against MacDonald a couple fights ago and in his two fight win streak, the most recent win was a very underwhelming split decision) and Condit has a much bigger name. Plus stylistically it's an incredible fight.

WW is in a weird transitional period. 3 of the top 10 aren't in the UFC. Brown, MacDonald, and Hendricks have already fought Lawler. And Maia has been inconsistent (his record against top ten fighters is pretty awful). It was Condit, Woodley, or Hendricks III. I'm a fan of Hendricks but I'm alright with this. Condit-Lawler is going to be an amazing fight.

Can someone fill me in on this?
Got nothing for you. In principle, it's not right. It's also against my past arguments on the subject.

But as a fan, I'll get over it, because it is a good fight.

He doesn't - it's just that Macdonald and Hendricks have already fought Lawler. Condit might have crisp striking but does he knock out Lawler? hell no. He get's outworked and outwrestled - Lawler via UD or late stage TKO.

You all would still be bitching if they made Hendricks Lawler 3

Back