How old were you guys when you starting competing

kboxer

White Belt
Reaction score
Just curious how old you guys were. Grappling was never available unitl a few years ago in my area. There was a kickboxing school which I trained at since I was 17. I am now 27. Only had some fights in the gym though. We never traveled. I see these young guys having the opportunity of a lifetime to be training at 16 and 17 years old. I guess I always have time for some amature stuff, but work and family is first, plus I love the weights lifting right now.

I'm 18. Lifting since I was 15 and training since I was 15. Studying krav maga. I also box. Started muay thai this year. I have also been in various full contact fights here and there. I usually have boxing matches. Looking for a mma match in the near future. I live in California and no such thing is allowed here I don't think. Looking for a place to start mma.

Started karate when I was barely 15. Competed in hard contact karate for a while. I had my first san shou matches about a year and a half later. Actually started training kickboxing when i was about 17 and a half.

Started boxing late last year (16 years old). Had my first mma fight couple months ago.

Started MT when I was 18..im 25 and started competeing in the military when I was 20

Every yar people are getting yonger and younger in MMA or any competition. I remember when UFC1 was avg. age of 50 (exagerating) now the avg. in MMA is 26 which is a big diffrence

I started MA at 18, began kickboxing at 20 had first fight at 21, fought my first Judo fight at 22. I am a big guy so it is hard for me to find fights, I eould have more but there are almost no guys my size.

I was lucky enough to have my parents throw me in a boxing class when i was in the 3rd grade, so i fell in love with hitting people in the face at a young age. i started training MMA about 3 years ago when i was about 14, and am having my fist competition in a few months.

started karate at a very young age like 10 then judo after that bjj and kick boxing

I'm 26, been training in MA for about 10 years (lifting & personal training for longer). My first fight will be next year.

I had my first boxing bout when I was around 15. I like boxing alot but I'm joining wrestling this year at my high school. Trying to diversify my fighting styles. I'm more of a standup guy versus grappling or submissive.

One thing I have to say to the young guys is dont procrastinate and never waste a day. I regret all the putting off and I wish all you young guys luck. I may still get after it. Just turned 27. A few months of conditioning and I would be ready to go. Thanks for the replies.

Back