How old are you/how long have you been training?

35, been training 1 1/2 yrs, blue belt. I have noticed that over the past 8 months or so, my recovery/explosiveness/etc. has been noticeably worse compared to the first 10 months. I attribute it to getting old. Used to go to class every day, now I have to take a day off after a tough class to recover. Sucks.

You really know how to bless a 44 year old!
I have to take 2 days off after easy training :icon_lol:

Keep training brother!!

Like 1 year and 9 months blue belt
17 yr old

Last edited:
37 almost 1 1/2 years training. White with four stripes....

Last edited:
26, 4 years (raw total) 3.5 if you subtract major lay offs. Blue belt June 2008, lost 6 months to a nasty back injury, so technically 1.5 yrs as a practicing blue belt, so I'm basically a probationary purple belt. :icon_twis LOL...seriously though 3.5 years sans lay offs, got blue at 2 years in.

33/ 4-stripe blue/ it will be 3 years of legit training next month

30 this nov
2 years this dec
"probationary blue" <---this concept always makes me lol

22, I've been training for 8 years and was a 4 stripe white belt at 17. I then took 2 years off and train for 9 months of no gi. Then I took another 1 1/2 years off and start training as a fresh white belt at Gracie Barra. 5-6 months later, I'm a 4 stripe white belt.

Dont take huge chunks of time off. its not cool

Im 25 and have been off and on grappling for about 2 and a half years. Ive been consistantly training for 9 almolst 10 months now in no gi and i have won and placed in 2 different competitions. Recently my school added a gi program under a black belt and it literaly started this past tues 7/20 and only teaches gi and no gi classes back to back on tues and weds. So im littrally a 2 day old white belt lol but cant wait to learn more in the gi.

I'll bite.

29 years old. Wrestled for 12 years. 13 years training BJJ (2 years off for health issues and life in general) so more like 11 years. Black Belt.

35 yrs old.
Blue Belt
3 years in, averaging 2x per week with kickboxing 2x per week.
Spending more time on BJJ now and dropping to once a week mma, too old to get punched in the face anymore.

44, 5 years over all (lots of injuries started in like '97 or so), Blue belt for 3 years now.

Back