How old are you/how long have you been training?

33, BJJ 7.5 yrs Brown Belt.
7 years of Trad JJ before that.

Just turned 30 years old yesterday. Been doing BJJ for about 8 years now. :( Purple belt.

It's funny when I see the ages here and think of how old some of these people were when I started. :D

I'm 31 years old, and have been doing BJJ for 2 years and 2 months. I've been a blue belt for 9 months. Sometimes I wish I had started earlier like some of you guys, but then I think that there is no way I would have stuck with it at an early age (I was too busy chasing tail and getting hammered).

im 92, been training since 1934, 9th degree red belt

im pretty much a probationary 10th degree

you guys are all practically probationary black belts

Bunch of kids in here, I'm surprised your parents let you post on the 'net. :icon_chee
I'm 50. Just transfered over to BJJ last year (from JJJ / Judo / Kickboxing) but I missed 4 months of training from a motorcycle wreck.

39. Training about 2.5 years (gi), 3 stripe blue.

25 yrs old, training a little over 3 years, purple belt.

People love talking about themselves, I guess me included.

blue belt w/2 stripes

2 years 8 months

35, been training 1 1/2 yrs, blue belt. I have noticed that over the past 8 months or so, my recovery/explosiveness/etc. has been noticeably worse compared to the first 10 months. I attribute it to getting old. Used to go to class every day, now I have to take a day off after a tough class to recover. Sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back