how often to take rest?

i know this could be extreme and i probably have catabolized muscle fiber, but recently i made a 7 day fasting (no food at all) and i have to say , i loose a lot of strenght in bench , and some presses , but strange is , my arms where a hell of a lot stronger

when i take my weeks off they are usually about one every three moths or so. i will still usually do two or three days of cardio though? when everyone takes time off do you take it completely off or do you still do some training?

STOMP said:
when i take my weeks off they are usually about one every three moths or so. i will still usually do two or three days of cardio though? when everyone takes time off do you take it completely off or do you still do some training?

I just did nothing for the week just a few press ups mid week, i felt great when I came back stronger and bigger!

toufeksian said:
i know this could be extreme and i probably have catabolized muscle fiber, but recently i made a 7 day fasting (no food at all) and i have to say , i loose a lot of strenght in bench , and some presses , but strange is , my arms where a hell of a lot stronger
Your numbers went down but you say you were stronger? How does that work out?

Fasting is a bad idea.

STILL LIFE said:
I have been working out for the last 2 years. Bench and shoulders one day a week, arms one day a week (weak workout's i know, correcting that). I have not took a break longer than a week, should i take a week or two off in your opinion. I do have problem's gaining.
Most likely the problems you have gaining, stem from lame workouts. If what you listed is all that you are doing then my advice would be to read the stickies and train your legs and back. If you neglect those areas your gains will be minimal at best and you will remain weak.

So, do you guys take off all working out?
I usually take off every fifth week from lifting, but i still run, and spar.

Does that 1 week rest thing also work for newbies ?

RE: Westside...

I have read articles by Louie that seem to indicate they train nonstop. For instance doing boxsquats on Monday, Hill Sprints on Tuesday, and sled drags on Wed....it would however be a misconception, I think, to say they never take time off away from working out.

Back