How often to lift? Complete beginner here

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SixTwoSix

Hey I'm just starting lifting, mostly working on my upper body, shoulders, biceps, triceps, back, chest, and looking to add on a good amount of weight. I have all the free time in the world, what would be the best as far as how often I should be lifting? Every other day? Every day? I'm a complete noob at this sorry. Thanks for the info.

Read the FAQ

or

gtfo-56265.jpg

read faq,

now that i got that off my chest, when i was a beginner i used to do a 5 day spread:

mon - shoulders
tues - back
wed - legs
thurs - arms (bis/tris)
fri - chest

now that i know better, i only lift 3 days a week and do cardio on the off days, gives your body time to rest/grow, which means u can lift heavier, plus i was doin lots of curls/calf raises/ tri ext / ghey isolation moves which i now regret

these days i do a 3 day spread with mostly compound movement exercises:

mon - press day (bench, military, cleans, dips, etc)

wed - squat day (lots of squatting, some leg press, etc )

fri - pull day (deadlifts, tons of rows, pullups/chinups, maybe a curl or 2 at the end of workout if i have some strength leftover)

so i went from 5 days a week to 3 days a week and ive gotten much bigger and stronger

true story .

Alright, so I'm going to work on my legs. I am a COMPLETE beginner, this is what I'm thinking on my upper body days (every other day):

Squats (works upper too right?)
Dead lift
Curls
Bench Press
Dumbell press for shoulders
Tricep extensions

5x5 for all?

626, think of your split as in movements. Have a PUSH day, a PULL day, and a SQUAT day.

mon - press day (bench, military, cleans, dips, etc)

wed - squat day (lots of squatting, some leg press, etc )

fri - pull day (deadlifts, tons of rows, pullups/chinups, maybe a curl or 2 at the end of workout if i have some strength leftover)

Actually just do that routine, but throw in some lunges and Goodmornings on your squat day.

legs on upper body day?

ok. shows over. whos gimmick is this?

Thanks for the responses, looks like I'll have a press, pull, and leg day.

5x5 good for bulking?

Thanks for the responses, looks like I'll have a press, pull, and leg day.

5x5 good for bulking?

That and itll make you fucking cry like a woman if youre doing it right. My legs have been either numb or throbbing sore for the past 2 weeks, and my backs not much better off.

That and itll make you fucking cry like a woman if youre doing it right. My legs have been either numb or throbbing sore for the past 2 weeks, and my backs not much better off.

But you love every second of it don't you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back