How Often Do You Watch UFC?

A lot. I use fightpass 24/7 stream as background noise frequently.

I watch every single event including the prelims

On my free time I rewatch every pride, UFC, Evicta, WEC, pancrace, Strikeforce, and bellator events from beginning including prelims.

On my free time between that I post on sherdog ( 17 accounts), bloody elbow (10 accounts) and mma junkie (11 accounts)

I also enjoy arguing with people on MMA related YouTube videos.

I consider my self the hardest of hardcore fans!

btw does anyone have like $6 I can borrow for a burrito?
perfect post

I watch most fight night mains and about every other ppv these days. From roughly 2003-17 I ordered every ppv and watched every fight night (prelims and mains).

Usually watch the top 2-3 fights on most cards.

As it’s on the weekend during the day in straya I will have the prelims going on in the background while doing shit then head down to the river for the stream.

If it's on cable or ESPN + I'm going to watch it. If it's PPV though I don't; I refuse to stream and I don't want to hang out in a bar or wing place for hours. I make an exception for cards with Miocic on 'em though, I'll pay the $$ as part of the duties of my stanship.

I watch every event, but I couldn't do it without sherdoggers, the play by play thread on here is a lifesaver for me, can't get through any of these random UFC Fight Night cards without all the chat. The better PPV's I can easily watch alone though and focus.

Every event if I’m home. I know a lot of people don’t like the amount of events the UFC puts on but personally I’ve come to enjoy it just because there are fights to watch pretty often.

With my schedule, I'll be lucky to catch every main event. Some cards I'll take a day off for, and usually watch the prelims.

I'll usually stream on my phone, even when I'm at work. I never pay for PPV's though. I never have, never will.

Do you watch every event?

Pay attention to some fighters in particular?

Or just watch when you see a favorite fighter headline?

A few years ago, I could say that I would try to watch every event without failure, but since I live on the opposite side of the ocean from the USA, I would usually sleep and just catch up the following day - but usually just watched the finishes.

Now I just pay attention to the fighters I like the most (some lesser-known prospects as well as champions and contenders) - I will rarely watch a full main card (even if it is stacked).

I haven't even watched DC vs. Miocic 2, Holloway vs. Edgar or Jones vs. Santos yet.

I would describe myself as a casual who shows bias towards his countrymen.

What about you, sherbros? Watch every event? Or do you work too much to care about the lesser-known events?
I still watch every card I can, but if I am traveling (on business or with family), I make some effort to check the play-by-play when there are fights I am very interested on, or try to pick a pub/restaurant that is showing the fight.
But if I miss a card, so be it.

Long's gone those stacked cards that you must see anyway!

From 2012 to 2016 I would watch a lot of UFC events. Last 3 years MMA went to shit and so I watch much less these days, I have no interest in watered down cards full of nobodies.
what's the difference between a nobody and body?

2014 called, they want that line back. Throw in that lame Brock avatar (yes I see McGregors face, good boy)
giphy.gif

I watch UFC, Bellator, PFL, Invicta and would stay up all night to watch the Rizin stream
if I could.
Live MMA is great.

Every day I watch at least one fight. That's my daily homework.

I rewatched Belfort-Jones earlier today (there's a Russian UFC channel you can watch it for free) and yesterday I did check Jones' fight with Smith again as well as Reyes' all UFC fights.

I also tune in to watch all major promotions every week and even lesser shows as well.

From other combat sports I watch submission grappling podcasts and studies nonstop, international wrestling tournaments (more greco than freestyle) - I check the schedule on UWW, and everything boxing has to offer today and from its history. Yesterday I've rewatched Holmes vs. Shavers 2 (heavyweight war).

Last edited:
Rarely ever. At this point I probably watch Bellator more and I don't watch Bellator much. Just when Fedor or Machida fight and a few others. MMA is pretty much dead to me sadly.
Not judging, genuinely curious, why do you continue to go on an MMA forum if your interest in mma has recently waned

Watched every event of this year except the last one that i forgot it was in a friday.

I started watching seriously back in 2004, and didn’t miss a single event (UFC, Pride, boxing, Pancrase, etc.) until 2014 or so.

It was already hard to pay attention once Pride and K-1 died, then the UFC became a shell of itself. USADA kind of ruined a lot of the fun, everyone started wearing retarded uniforms, the cards got watered down to nothing—the whole sport seemed to lose a lot of flavor and character.

Now I’m married, have a couple of kids, and don’t ever watch live cards. I just read play-by-plays, and catch the exciting or interesting fights the next day on interwebs.

The only reason I even come to Sherdog is out of habit, and to shit on stupid people.

Back