how often do you "take a week off"?

adren@line

Creator Sustainer Destroyer
Reaction score
..from training that is.

This is all considering the "general consensus" (atleast I think it is) that taking a week (or two) is good for you and helps decrease the likelyhood of overtraining.

Anyways, I take a week off every few months.

really, I've come to not plan taking a week off. once every six to eight weeks I can't make it to the gym for the week, so I take it then.

Same here, like Urban said something usually happens. Luckily I have all I need weightlifting wise in my garage so I can at least lift if I can't make it to bjj/kickboxing. But if I get sick or overloaded from school, work, or just general stress I'll take a little time off.

whenever i get injured or depressed. in general, i feel like shit if i do zero exercise for a whole week, so i try to work out atleast once even if it means not working all the usual bodyparts or whatever. i got my kit at home, so travelling to the gymn doesn't affect me.

I don't plan for it because it happens on its own often enough, either from working, or from school, getting injured, or other life stuff that seems to happen a lot.

Whenever I can't find anybody who's holding and I get junk sick as hell.

Never. I miss session due to sickness, work or forcing social occations, but since those times are already non-recovery-time I dont consider it time off for rest.

Sometimes I chill for a weekend or even 3 days, but then my wife forces me to train, cause I get too edgy when not training.

like jarfi, rarely. i start spazzing if i dont train, and its no fun. i take lighter load weeks frequently though, about once a month.

After 2-3 months, I have to take a week off or shit starts to brek down, lol.

I take them more often than I should, but when I was following a set in stone training regimen I would plan for a weekly break every 5 or 6 months

I take a week off when my schedule gets hecktic and I know training would be pointless. About once every 3 months.

adren@line said:
..from training that is.

This is all considering the "general consensus" (atleast I think it is) that taking a week (or two) is good for you and helps decrease the likelyhood of overtraining.

Anyways, I take a week off every few months.

If you train right: never.

i dont really take a week off or anything because i have a busy schedule as it is with college work and stuff, so i dont always have time to train as much as i would like to

i plan on doing it once in a while, but i dont. what i end up doing is going to the gym a couple times and doing something like a three set circuit with three different exercises. i dont think it is necessary to do nothing for a week

Back