How often do important successful ppl have protection?

myung76

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So I mean individuals who are part of extremely huge organizations but don't necessarily get put in the public eye as much as others

Ie

Leaders at Goldman Sachs

Leaders at extremely successful hedge funds (ridiculous amounts of money at stake)

Edwardo saverin (co-creator of Facebook)

I don't imagine that they would unless they felt like they were in danger, like someone threatening. In most cases people wouldn't recognize them and they could blend in pretty easily. So I don't think they would be necessary and them having a bodyguards around them would probably bring attention to them and cause attention when they otherwise wouldn't be noticed.

TS, don't take this the wrong way but that question seems a little assassination plan-y

Pretty much all the time.

(I'm guessing)

But do they have food tasters? You can't be properly rich unless you've got one of those masticating on your behalf.

Probably more often than you'd think. These guys might also act as drivers and perform other odd jobs during they day. The local head o my company has armed security whenever he's out in public and we're not talking a billionaire here. But, the guy is very discrete, until you know he's a bodyguard you'd never even think to notice that he's always got a line on the boss.

I think very rich people often have some protection that could be an ex cop for a driver and stuff, I think it also depends on where you are, I know this guys who's father works for an oil company and works all over the world from Russia to Kazachstan and Saudie arabia. He always has two bodyguards and a driver with a bulletproof car and stuff when he travels.

Still, having bodyguards doesn't help everyone. Anyone can be gotten to with the right strategy. Look at Gus.

None of the high net worth people I know have body guards. One guy (I don't know him well - 2 years ahead of me at school) is now worth $4B. I don't think he has security. He looks pretty average.

I know one family that had security but they were working in Columbia and Mexico.

most of the tech giants dont - guys like the sergey brin, zuckerman, gates. Theyre worth billions and will be comfortable walking around in public without bodyguards. Then you have celebrities who are worth less than what those ceo's earn in a day with a huge enterouge of bodyguards like theyre so important.

Celebrities have to worry about the crazy little people because their whole industry is based on making the little people obsessed with themselves.

I have been to the wealthiest areas of Northern NJ, and North Shore Long Island. And I have been around those types of people too. Most do not have protection detail which would make them ripe for extortion. But I guess the way finance and banking is handled nowadays, an extortionist will have trouble getting to the victims money. It is mostly electronic, and has so many many safeguards.

A few years ago the Prime Minister of Canada, Stephen Harper, was seen in the stands at a Canucks game with Trevor Linden, a very popular former player. It seemed weird that they weren't in a private box. There was no visible security, although I assume there might have been a couple of undercover guys. A couple of times people approached the Prime Minister and said "Hey Buddy, can you take a picture of me and Trevor." Apparently he obliged.

Just blood.

You should suicide bomb them but without the bomb.

Back