How Norwegian cops deal with a belligerent man

I don't really see what was so great about this. They physically restrained him, threw him on a bench, berated him for 10 minutes, then when he kicked the office, they slammed his head down against the bench and held him there. It's not like they convinced him out of violence. He was just too inebriated that they really had to struggle with him.
True. If we want an apples-to-apples comparison of Euro vs. American police work for that APD event, for example, then we need footage of them responding to a belligerent armed citizen (yes, a knife wielded in the open with no hostages, but it is a weapon) who has repeatedly threatened their lives for a half hour.

That would be more fair to American police, agreed?

Man them Norse got a chill disposition about them, calm, cool and collected.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=66d_1394803929

As an antidote to all the threads were cops step over the line. These guys aren't even close to the line. I'm curious how a similar scenario would have played out in the US though.

Thoughts?

Heres how it would have played out in the US:

As soon as he kicked one of the US cops like he did the cops from Norway, they would have let off a flash bang grenade, sicked a few attack dogs on him, unloaded on him with AR-15s, then after he was dead hit him with bean bag rounds.

Then called him a 'bum' and posters on sherdog would say he deserved it.

The norselands have always been superior to the Anglo territories.

As soon as he kicked one of the US cops like he did the cops from Norway, they would have let off a flash bang grenade, sicked a few attack dogs on him, unloaded on him with AR-15s, then after he was dead hit him with bean bag rounds.

Speculation, Sohei. You're a wee bit emotional when it comes to this topic.

Doubtful, but nice fantasy.

The video is very funny (because of the drunk guy), but I don't really get what's so special about the cops in it.
I have definitely seen some situations in the U.S where the cops were way out of line, and in general they are much more aggressive in their approach than their scandinavian counterparts. Which I think is in part because of the criminal environment they work in is very different compared to e.g. Scandinavia. But am I wrong to think this particular situation wouldn't have been much different had it occurred in the U.S?

Also police brutality happens everywhere. Even in Scandinavia:
[YT]?v=LKNdRpB4fTw[/YT]

Last edited:
That pigeon had clearly lost its mind and was acting disorderly. Overreaction by the police though IMO.

this is why the police and military from all the pussy countries up there sucks.

yeah man, City Soup forreal.

I shit you not, even to this day you hear about the existing problems still going on strong from Hurricane Sandy - this morning even on New York 1 (RE: terminating the G Subway line between Queens & BK for I think 6 months in efforts to repair tracks/equipment damaged from the floods, & the Town Hall discussion about this).

The video is very funny (because of the drunk guy), but I don't really get what's so special about the cops in it.
I have definitely seen some situations in the U.S where the cops were way out of line, and in general they are much more aggressive in their approach than their scandinavian counterparts. Which I think is in part because of the criminal environment they work in is very different compared to e.g. Scandinavia. But am I wrong to think this particular situation wouldn't have been much different had it occurred in the U.S?

Also police brutality happens everywhere. Even in Scandinavia:
[YT]?v=LKNdRpB4fTw[/YT]
If all they have to deal with is one odd drunk every work day without a quota, it wouldn't be surprising that they are laughing all the time.

Might as well. Waste of space.

this is why the police and military from all the pussy countries up there sucks.
We're not pussies!
group-cry.gif

Why must you be so mean? :icon_cry2

Back