How much would you pay for a Demian Maia seminar?

Cobrinha's private lessons are $250/hr.

I don't know why the fuck someone would spend $400 for a seminar like that with Maia, but that's me. however, he's a UFC fighter and there's more name recognition so maybe he can get all sorts of people coming out of the woodwork. That's not to say it's worth the price tag.

For your average BJJ person, I would say $100-125... until he gets to Rickson status

Obviously I am not gonna pay $400 for a seminar when he is offering a private for $250. We don't get many big names over here.

How ridiculous are the prices? Ben Askren a HS and College state champ and Olympian is doing a seminar for $40 and if you bring 10 people it drops to $30. (4 hours)

Ahhh, the pursuit of the cheddah!

Wrestling seminars/workshops are usually much cheaper. Wrestling clubs are cheaper as well.

Wrestling seminars/workshops are usually much cheaper. Wrestling clubs are cheaper as well.

Well yeah, but I am saying credentials for credentials I think the "superstar" BJJ guys are charging that much because they can, not because that is the amount of $ it takes to make some decent cheese from the clinic. It's overpriced IMO for a 3-4 hour training session.

Last edited:
Well yeah, but I am saying credentials for credentials I think the "superstar" BJJ guys are charging that much because they can not because that is the amount of $ it takes to make some decent cheese from the clinic. It's overpriced IMO for a 3-4 hour training session.

I agree. I don't think I would pay more than 75 for a seminar.

Never done a private, so I'm not sure if they are useful.

I agree. I don't think I would pay more than 75 for a seminar.

Never done a private, so I'm not sure if they are useful.

I guess I am a hypocrite though. I did pay close to $100 for a Carlson Gracie seminar in 2000. But fuck, that's Carlson Gracie!

If it's Maia instructing boxing I'd give him cab fare to the airport. $400? If I get to hit him with a shovel in the back of the head and take a photo of me in side control afterward (I'd doubt I could get mount even with the advantage of the shovel to the back of the head to start.)

How ridiculous are the prices? Ben Askren a HS and College state champ and Olympian is doing a seminar for $40 and if you bring 10 people it drops to $30. (4 hours)

Ahhh, the pursuit of the cheddah!

If you bring 15 people the price drops to $27.50 each and you and your friends get to have sex with his sister and each have a 6" sandwhich at Subway on him.

If you bring 15 people the price drops to $27.50 each and you and your friends get to have sex with his sister and each have a 6" sandwhich at Subway on him.

I don't know man, if he made it a foot long he's got a deal.

If it were only a one-day seminar I wouldn't really want to pay more than $100 for it. I pay $120 a month for training so I think I wouldn't be willing to pay more than that. Demian Maia is great but he's an MMA fighter and I don't know that much about his gi BJJ style. I can name several BJJ guys I'd rather take a seminar from and would be willing to pay more money for, like Estima, Galvao, Barral, either of the Ribeiro brothers, or of course Roger.

I've only been to one BJJ seminar before, and it was a two-day seminar with Alvaro Barreto, who is a red belt. It cost $75 per person. Such a good deal.

Back