How much would you pay for a Demian Maia seminar?

F

farmer

What do you guys think of Demian Maia as an instructor and how much would you pay to attend a seminar with him?

depends how long it is... let's assume a 4hr seminar... maybe $350-$400 as long as the numbers were limited to < 100

depends how long it is... let's assume a 4hr seminar... maybe $350-$400 as long as the numbers were limited to < 100

That's ridiculous. I went to a Cobrinha seminar for $100 and it was limited to 80 people.

yeah no 1 is worth 400 much less a private for that much

That's ridiculous. I went to a Cobrinha seminar for $100 and it was limited to 80 people.

Trust me if cobrinha did a seminar near me I would be there in a flash.

People who I would most want to do a seminar with are:
1. Cobrinha
2. Robson Moura
3. Jeff Glover
4. Rafa Mendes
5. Demian Maia

I am going to a Rickson seminar in November, it will be my first ever seminar... but Cobrinha's game is like mine (although 1,000,000 times better).

1. Cobrinha
2. Robson Moura
3. Jeff Glover
4. Rafa Mendes
5. Demian Maia

I am going to a Rickson seminar in November, it will be my first ever seminar... but Cobrinha's game is like mine (although 1,000,000 times better).

That's a great list, and I would definitely go to a Demian Maia seminar, I just wouldn't pay $400 for it. I can't think of anyone I'd pay $400 for a seminar. Maybe Rickson, if he promotes me to black belt at the end of the seminar.

AUD or USD? Being in Australia must be expensive, I don't think even in Alaska seminars would be that much...

I am not saying seminars cost this much, i am saying how much I would pay for a maia seminar.

the rickson seminar in November is $220

went to a Maia seminar before he had his first ufc fight I think it was 75$ish it was awesome and was a 4 hour seminar at FLO in Chicago.. compreto, maia and vitor vianna were teaching vitor got his 2nd stripe on bb during the seminar it was a good experience would do it again. but 400$ for a seminar lets get real

went to a Maia seminar before he had his first ufc fight I think it was 75$ish it was awesome and was a 4 hour seminar at FLO in Chicago.. compreto, maia and vitor vianna were teaching vitor got his 2nd stripe on bb during the seminar it was a good experience would do it again. but 400$ for a seminar lets get real

And that is about what I'd be willing to pay. It would be cool and all but let's get real about how much you actually learn in that kind of situation.

Man... give the guy a fucking break. The question was, "how much would you pay to attend a seminar with him?" Codemonkey would pay $400. Did I miss something? If a seminar cost $400, he'd pay it. You wouldn't. What's the issue?

I don't even like paying $50 for a seminar. I don't hold is against anyone who wants to pay that much or more, however.

Codemonkey must have mad cash. I think I'd only pay $100/hr if it was a private but then again I am a grad student.

I have done a lot of seminars and I would say the best I have done was Damian Maia. I not sure how you are doing financially but I am still working on stuff that he taught up here four months ago.

I think 150 is about the max I would pay for any seminar.

Codemonkey must have mad cash. I think I'd only pay $100/hr if it was a private but then again I am a grad student.

haha, trust me I don't have "mad" cash.

I would see it as a once in a lifetime opportunity.

the reason I asked the original question was that I am thinking about organizing a seminar with him and it would be very expensive to bring him over for a seminar. I wanted to limit it to only 40 people and that would make the price at least $125.

I contacted some other guys and they are way more reasonable. What do you guys think of Robson Moura, Roger Drysdale and Jeff Glover? My idea was to have a seminar followed by a mini tournament. With only 40 - 50 guys people should be able to get in about four or five matches. All these guys also said they would stick around and give privates to any one who wanted.

do you guys think this would be something people would be interested in and what would be a reasonable amount to charge.

the reason I asked the original question was that I am thinking about organizing a seminar with him and it would be very expensive to bring him over for a seminar. I wanted to limit it to only 40 people and that would make the price at least $125.

I contacted some other guys and they are way more reasonable. What do you guys think of Robson Moura, Roger Drysdale and Jeff Glover? My idea was to have a seminar followed by a mini tournament. With only 40 - 50 guys people should be able to get in about four or five matches. All these guys also said they would stick around and give privates to any one who wanted.

do you guys think this would be something people would be interested in and what would be a reasonable amount to charge.

holy shit that would be awesome!!!!! do it in Australia, Brisbane preferably.

1. Cobrinha
2. Robson Moura
3. Jeff Glover
4. Rafa Mendes
5. Demian Maia

Cobrinha's private lessons are $250/hr.

I don't know why the fuck someone would spend $400 for a seminar like that with Maia, but that's me. however, he's a UFC fighter and there's more name recognition so maybe he can get all sorts of people coming out of the woodwork. That's not to say it's worth the price tag.

For your average BJJ person, I would say $100-125... until he gets to Rickson status

How ridiculous are the prices? Ben Askren a HS and College state champ and Olympian is doing a seminar for $40 and if you bring 10 people it drops to $30. (4 hours)

Ahhh, the pursuit of the cheddah!

Back