How much will Tony's mental toughness help against Khabib?

Crazy is unpredictable, and unpredictable is scary.

I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Not being able to pin down what someone will say or do at any moment gets in your head, especially when you're locked in a cage with them and your life is in the hands of a single referee.

As someone who sometimes goes the way of the Tony, I understand this very well LOL.

Tony will be the one of the few opponents that isn't scared of Khabib.
That mental factor will play a huge part.

Khabib likes to talk people down as he pounds on them.
Listen to him talking to Michael Johnson and Conor McGregor.
Tony will not have any of it. He won't give in and accept defeat.

I'm interested to see how Khabib does against an opponent that might not
be easily dominated.
A well placed RNC chokes out mentally tough people every bit as effectively.

It's a huge reason people like ferguson and why so many people have wanted to see this fight for so long. I do find it interesting that the oddsmakers currently have ferguson as a bigger underdog ranging +175 - +221 than mcgregor was at +140. So I guess the betting public doesn't think ferguson has as good a chance as mcgregor did.
...because he doesn’t. Every fight starts standing and Khabib can take either down fast but only Conor has the one touch KO power to make a win possible.

He's going to need every ounce of it.

Mental toughness? Didn’t he have a nervous breakdown of a short while ago.

Sometimes there's a very fine line between mental illness and mental toughness. We all have known or heard about the guys that are so tough they're "kinda fuckin' crazy". The guys at the top of this game are on that line because of what they can put their bodies through.

I do believe both will bring the best out of each other, and I don't think we've seen 1/10th of what Khabib can actually do.
Or, alternatively, it could be a total bore fest. But I have the feeling it won't be the case

People don't (well some don't) realize that Khabib is a grappler, not just a wrestler. Tony is great in scrambles yes and has those long arms to lock up chokes but Khabib is fantastic in how he adjusts positioning too.

This has been framed by some as a wrestler vs a 10th planet bjj guy on the ground. But that's a ridiculous simplification.

The last time the boogeyman hid in the hospital.

Actually he forced them to give a second opinion and still wanted to fight but they wouldn't let him.

But I bet you know that already.

Its gonna be a blood bath and Tony comes on top

I don't think you understand the point being made.
Actually , in the post fight interview Khabib said he sat in the guillotine longer than he need too to burn out Dustin's arms before finishing him and he was never in danger. So, almost didn't count. Now we BOTH understand my response.

Actually , in the post fight interview Khabib said he sat in the guillotine longer than he need too to burn out Dustin's arms before finishing him and he was never in danger. So, almost didn't count. Now we BOTH understand my response.

Actually, Dustin was gassed well before the guillotine attempt. Khabib was also tired...which is why his final TD attempt in that round was such a weak attempt that he almost gave Dustin a free guillotine attempt. I don't care what Khabib said in the post fight interview, he was in danger for a little bit...even with a gassed Dustin. Khabib didn't purposefully attempt a weak TD attempt in order to let Dustin get a guillotine attempt in order to allow Dustin to burn his arms out so he can turn around and submit Dustin. Khabib isn't playing 4d chess here lol. He was definitely in a little danger there.

But again, you are missing the entire point...as I said earlier in this thread: it's meaningless for us to debate this because you can't use this transitive logic in MMA. "If so and so did this to that guy, but this guy did that to that guy, then that means this is very likely to happen because of that"...we all know you can throw that type of logic out the window when it comes to fighting in a cage. Like, if we go down this path I could say "well, because of Tony's ridiculous conditioning, Tony easily KO/TKO's gassed-Khabib in that same 3rd round that he lost to Conor in..."

Actually, Dustin was gassed well before the guillotine attempt. Khabib was also tired...which is why his final TD attempt in that round was such a weak attempt that he almost gave Dustin a free guillotine attempt. I don't care what Khabib said in the post fight interview, he was in danger for a little bit...even with a gassed Dustin. Khabib didn't purposefully attempt a weak TD attempt in order to let Dustin get a guillotine attempt in order to allow Dustin to burn his arms out so he can turn around and submit Dustin. Khabib isn't playing 4d chess here lol. He was definitely in a little danger there.

But again, you are missing the entire point...as I said earlier in this thread: it's meaningless for us to debate this because you can't use this transitive logic in MMA. "If so and so did this to that guy, but this guy did that to that guy, then that means this is very likely to happen because of that"...we all know you can throw that type of logic out the window when it comes to fighting in a cage. Like, if we go down this path I could say "well, because of Tony's ridiculous conditioning, Tony easily KO/TKO's gassed-Khabib in that same 3rd round that he lost to Conor in..."
The irony of you stating that Khabib’s opinion is unimportant but thinking yours is .....

Back