How much will Tony's mental toughness help against Khabib?

F3kuUN1.gif

Khabib didn't even grow up around war. The war in dagestan was restricted to some tiny part and lasted around a month

I think he is mentally tougher than Ferguson though

Khabib showed a bit of tentativeness against McGregor and MJ (after he got clocked)

When the fuck has Tony looked remotely hesitant? Huge fan of both but Tony is batshit crazy inside the cage.

I wanna see Tony at 170

A guy that was raised in Dagestan, grew up around war and terrorism, street fights and a military style training camp run by his father, its a mentality western people will never understand. Im personally not religious but growing up around hardcore muslim, its different, they would have no problem dying in war or battle, because they truly believe that Allah will take theme in. Say what you want about their belief system but they are warrior's, hundreds of years of war and hand to hand combat.
Khabib has grappling in his dna, literally, if you go down his family line for generations they all wrestle. Tony being batshit crazy will have no affect on khabib, neither is a cut from an elbow.
How many generations does wrestling go back in his family? Please provide evidence. Thank you.

We shall see in rounds 4 and 5 when Khabib begins to slow down how mentally tough he is. especially against a high paced Ferguson.

Khabib cried literal tears after losing a sambo match

easier analysis:
Will Tony quit at all in the fight? No.
Will Khabib quit at all in the fight? No.

Khabib didn't even grow up around war. The war in dagestan was restricted to some tiny part and lasted around a month

I think he is mentally tougher than Ferguson though

Hmmm, yes he did.

Takes a beating probably for the duration instead of rolling over

Using this same argument....if Dustin Poirier almost guillotined Khabib...imagine what Tony could do?
Except Poirier was dominated 10 minutes prior to the guillotine attempt and Tony has exactly 0 wins via guillotine

It's a huge reason people like ferguson and why so many people have wanted to see this fight for so long. I do find it interesting that the oddsmakers currently have ferguson as a bigger underdog ranging +175 - +221 than mcgregor was at +140. So I guess the betting public doesn't think ferguson has as good a chance as mcgregor did.

I agree, that is pretty nuts.

And, I'm a fan of Conor as a fighter, who thinks that he did much better against Khabib than people give him credit for, but still felt like he should have been a bigger undo, and knew he would get smoked.

no question that tony has great cardio and toughness. His chin is still suspect though.

Back