How much will Tony's mental toughness help against Khabib?

he has a really good darce choke though...khabib needs to watch for that.

Of course I am not sayinig this would be easy peasy but since they trained for each other 4 times already and khabib being the grappler that he is, I think he has figured out Tony already.

But isn't it true though ? Kevin Lee is good but he's no Khabib.
Tony is not famous for his guillotines, I haven't seen him attempt any on his opponents.

Well, perhaps when you're shredding opponents faces, guillotines aren't quite as necessary...

The point is, you can't use this transitive logic in MMA (or many sports for that matter). "If so and so did this to that guy, but this guy did that to that guy, then that means this is very likely to happen because of that"...we all know you can throw that type of logic out the window when it comes to fighting in a cage.

Well, perhaps when you're shredding opponents faces, guillotines aren't quite as necessary...

The point is, you can't use this transitive logic in MMA (or many sports for that matter). "If so and so did this to that guy, but this guy did that to that guy, then that means this is very likely to happen because of that"...we all know you can throw that type of logic out the window when it comes to fighting in a cage.

Don't tell me that what Kevin Lee was able to do even for a round, Khabib wouldnt be able to do the same.
Let's compare what is comparable.

Don't tell me that what Kevin Lee was able to do even for a round, Khabib wouldnt be able to do the same.

Don't tell me that what a GASSED Dustin Poirier was almost able to do to Khabib, Tony wouldn't be able to do AND finish.

Last edited:
A guy that was raised in Dagestan, grew up around war and terrorism, street fights and a military style training camp run by his father, its a mentality western people will never understand. Im personally not religious but growing up around hardcore muslim, its different, they would have no problem dying in war or battle, because they truly believe that Allah will take theme in. Say what you want about their belief system but they are warrior's, hundreds of years of war and hand to hand combat.
Khabib has grappling in his dna, literally, if you go down his family line for generations they all wrestle. Tony being batshit crazy will have no affect on khabib, neither is a cut from an elbow.

Dont care. Both are fucking bosses.

Mentaly, technical, strenght, ect

The boogeyman wouldn't hide on a bus

In life, they both don't appear to be mentally tough to me. In their profession, both appear to have an elite level of mental toughness.

I mean there are big differences but yeah even as the most ardent Tony supporter I think it's really likely Khabib does well early with his grappling.

Khabib wouldn't have tapped out to a weight cut multiple times if he was as mentally tough as you're making him out to be

Khabib-Nurmagomedov-UFC-160.jpg

Doesn't matter who's mentally tougher than the other (btw that's something incredibly hard to measure lol) ...what matters is simply are you mentally tough enough, period.

Some of you have never listened to The Fabulous Thunderbirds and it really shows...

Toughness is not the right word for Tony. Tony is a madman in the ring. He'll chase you around no matter how much damage you give em and hit you with vicious shots. A nightmare. No quit in him.

I mean there are big differences but yeah even as the most ardent Tony supporter I think it's really likely Khabib does well early with his grappling.

I do believe both will bring the best out of each other, and I don't think we've seen 1/10th of what Khabib can actually do.
Or, alternatively, it could be a total bore fest. But I have the feeling it won't be the case

Maybe not...but he's mentally unstable enough to pull it off.

khabib: i overcome pain with smesh
tony: what's pain?

Back