How much will Tony's mental toughness help against Khabib?

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Tony will be the one of the few opponents that isn't scared of Khabib.
That mental factor will play a huge part.

Khabib likes to talk people down as he pounds on them.
Listen to him talking to Michael Johnson and Conor McGregor.
Tony will not have any of it. He won't give in and accept defeat.

I'm interested to see how Khabib does against an opponent that might not
be easily dominated.

Tony's gonna shave Khabib's forehead off with elbows

be easily dominated.

It's a huge reason people like ferguson and why so many people have wanted to see this fight for so long. I do find it interesting that the oddsmakers currently have ferguson as a bigger underdog ranging +175 - +221 than mcgregor was at +140. So I guess the betting public doesn't think ferguson has as good a chance as mcgregor did.

Mental toughness? Didn’t he have a nervous breakdown of a short while ago.

Tony cannot be defeated by man, machine or tire

Not much, but his mental illness might.

Tony's mental toughness along with the PLETHORA of other things he does & the way he trains and all the crazy shit he does...all of that stuff helps him. It's why he hasn't lost a fight since 2012. Tony will be Khabib's toughest opponent he's ever faced in his life. Khabib will truly have his mettle tested. We're all gonna find out just how good a fighter Khabib really is in a few months. The unstoppable force vs the immovable object.

How does Khabib deal with Tony's non stop crazy lateral feints/moves/strikes/elbows? How will Khabib deal with an opponent who will EMBRACE the ground position when taken down and won't freak out and spend all their energy trying to stand back up? How will Tony deal with Khabib's suffocating GNP? We don't know. But I predict there will be lots of blood.

Khabib only need to grab one leg, one arm, I believe that Tony's "creativity" could actually be his downfall in that fight.
And if Kevin Lee was able to do well against Tony, then Khabib surely will.

It'll help him a lot because Tony, once he smells blood, doesnt turn "tough", he just turns psycho and keep on going for that blood.
I dont think Khabib is ready for this

And if Kevin Lee was able to do well against Tony, then Khabib surely will.

Using this same argument....if Dustin Poirier almost guillotined Khabib...imagine what Tony could do?

Using this same argument....if Dustin Poirier almost guillotined Khabib...imagine what Tony could do?

But isn't it true though ? Kevin Lee is good but he's no Khabib.
Tony is not famous for his guillotines, I haven't seen him attempt any on his opponents.

I don’t think that any of khabibs opponents quit. But if someone is that much better then you, being tough isn’t going to close the gap in abilities. Also, IMO, tapping to a submission isn’t quitting.

be easily dominated.

khabib is going to put a major ass whoopin on tony...

But isn't it true though ? Kevin Lee is good but he's no Khabib.
Tony is not famous for his guillotines, I haven't seen him attempt any on his opponents.

he has a really good darce choke though...khabib needs to watch for that.

I don’t think that any of khabibs opponents quit. But if someone is that much better then you, being tough isn’t going to close the gap in abilities. Also, IMO, tapping to a submission isn’t quitting.

It is if it’s a submission that won’t do any lasting damage or inevitably put you out. For example the McGregor tap.

Back