How Much Will RDA Make From His Next Fight

well....if you want a number, you would have to go find one of the above contracts....then pull a ppv buy number out of your ass....then apply the ppv number to the numbers in the contract. do i have to do all the work here?
cut the theatrics and get the number for us bro, its all that matters here

RDA stated that his deal for his next fight will be no different to his normal deal. I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that he gets PPV points, so hopefully he gets well rewarded and the question is moot.

Did Jose just keep his normal deal or did he get a special financial bonus on top? I'm curious why RDA doesn't try to maximise his money.
that fight is his winning lottery ticket

RDA stated that his deal for his next fight will be no different to his normal deal. I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that he gets PPV points, so hopefully he gets well rewarded and the question is moot.

Did Jose just keep his normal deal or did he get a special financial bonus on top? I'm curious why RDA doesn't try to maximise his money.

Typical... whatever his per fight show and win money is plus around 3.00 per buy over 200k views.

He will get pp bonus because he is a champion but it wont be close to what Conor will get
If i have to make an educated guess
RDA 500 000 - 1 500 000
Conor 3 500 000 - 5 000 000

Connor recently signed a contract that guarantees him 15 million minimum per fight. I thought this was commonly known. If this fight does over 1 million buys, as it should then RDA should make 2.5 million plus...

You really think it'll be that high?

The good things it has in his favor is the all time high on Conor's star power, the all "champ vs champ" mystic of it and Holly giving it a push to (if Holly managed to snag the attention of the casuals who saw her KO Ronda then maybe it has a shot to beat 194 numbers).
What it has in negative is the level of marketing and hype (to fast turn around for massive interest to gather) that is inferior to UFC 189 / 194 so a realistic number would be around 1 mill buys but less then 194.

The ufc got paid $3m by fox for the werdum vs browne card on big fox ,assuming its a similar fee for every fox i cant see them giving people high bonuses on fox cards.Probably show money for everyone and 1 guy getting a bonus maybe
That being said its a pretty good breakdown ,though i believe the draws ronda and conor get around $5-$7 a ppv buy.Would be pretty cool if we could see a breakdown of there contracts

3 mill $ is indeed on the low side and that tells me Dana isn't that generous in those circumstances but even so the main event guys especially the champ (that has a PPV clause) will get something around there purse levels.. the rest are screwed just the exposure aspect of it that even there Reebok dipped into big time.

Oh Conor and Ronda are the highest paid MMA fighters at this point in time just based on that PPV contract hands down.. I think Conor is a lot more business orientated with the constant renegotiation talks and the talks about gate revenue *didn't see no other fighter go on the public offensive like him on all fronts: PPV, gate numbers - his even using that and trying to get a cut from it, promoting other cards, tours, movie deals leverage, co promotion talks etc.. I bet his hated by Dana and co despite there love for the big bucks he brings them.. his on another level then the other types of "pls sir," fighters.

That's why Conor from a business stand point is great for MMA, especially for the fighters.. there are only 2 people in the entire UFC history that pushed the envelope on fighter pay on that scale: Brock Lesnar and Conor McGregor only difference is one wasn't that vocal and preferred less media attention (duties) and the other is the opposite.

Connor recently signed a contract that guarantees him 15 million minimum per fight. I thought this was commonly known. If this fight does over 1 million buys, as it should then RDA should make 2.5 million plus...

I'm not aware of this 15 mil guarantee contract, I do know something about the "8 digit pay" (10 mill $) for his previous fight that makes every other fighter with PPV points pick up there phones and call their manager.

And I know he again renegotiated and "strong-armed" the UFC after that big pay day for even a better contract.. his making bank for him and the UFC but at the moment he stops and doesn't draw on that level they will turn on him with everything they got.. funny enough this dude is the most loved and in the same time the most hated fighter by the UFC brass.

Last edited:
Enough for a red panty night i guess, Conor already said it.

The good things it has in his favor is the all time high on Conor's star power, the all "champ vs champ" mystic of it and Holly giving it a push to (if Holly managed to snag the attention of the casuals who saw her KO Ronda then maybe it has a shot to beat 194 numbers).
What it has in negative is the level of marketing and hype (to fast turn around for massive interest to gather) that is inferior to UFC 189 / 194 so a realistic number would be around 1 mill buys but less then 194.

Yeah, maybe. I'm sure American folk would have a better idea given they and the Canadians have PPV. The numbers for the PPV buys seem to sway up and down depending on who is giving out the figures.

I always felt the Rousey influence on people who didn't watch MMA to buy her fights came from her pals in Hollywood who probably have millions of followers and RT out about her fights. That 190 card was not the greatest and still pulled in a million buys or so. Holm has that aura now of the girl who beat Rousey, but it just didn't seem like that's enough to bring in the same level of interest Rousey would.

Not that you can fault the UFC for doing it, but before the Holm fight they were doing interviews with actors she worked with and that's obviously good publicity for the UFC, but who wants to hear Will Smith's wife talking about Rousey? Probably my perception of how big MMA is mainstream in the States was higher than I thought.

He said on a podcast earlier this week he's making whatever he made for his last fight. Not sure if he was lying, that seems silly but it is what he said.

He said on a podcast earlier this week he's making whatever he made for his last fight. Not sure if he was lying, that seems silly but it is what he said.

Yeah think he said the same on the MMA Hour. There was the leak that that was going to be the headliner for then, 197, but Botter who broke the news on that fight being the main event for the card on the 5th of March also talked about the bout agreement being held up on Dos Anjos' teams part - he is managed by Abdelaziz/Edgar's Twitter account co-user. Not that there's anything wrong with looking for more money, but find it hard to believe that he wouldn't look for more pay.

Maybe he's not on the PPV points money bonanza. The UFC can play hard ball if he or his manager were looking for more money than the UFC felt he was worth by bringing up figures for his past fights.

Yeah think he said the same on the MMA Hour. There was the leak that that was going to be the headliner for then, 197, but Botter who broke the news on that fight being the main event for the card on the 5th of March also talked about the bout agreement being held up on Dos Anjos' teams part - he is managed by Abdelaziz/Edgar's Twitter account co-user. Not that there's anything wrong with looking for more money, but find it hard to believe that he wouldn't look for more pay.

Maybe he's not on the PPV points money bonanza. The UFC can play hard ball if he or his manager were looking for more money than the UFC felt he was worth by bringing up figures for his past fights.
If I remember correctly it took some work to get this bout agreement signed which only leads me to believe that RDA would be asking for more money, which he should. Maybe it was an agreement on PPV points, or just a flat dollar amount. Really no way of knowing.

If I remember correctly it took some work to get this bout agreement signed which only leads me to believe that RDA would be asking for more money, which he should. Maybe it was an agreement on PPV points, or just a flat dollar amount. Really no way of knowing.

That's right. The only person linked to either camp who gave confirmation of a fight happening - not confirming it was Dos Anjos - on the 5th of March was Conor's striking coach on the MMA Hour.

Dos Anjos claimed he signed everything straight away and was one the same money as his last fight. But considering Conor signed a new contract, what would he have to negotiate?

I get the feeling Dos Anjos feels that trying to look for more money is not what Martial Arts or honour and dignity is about, etc. Everyone likes money and wants to get paid more. Shouldn't feel.......not sure what the word is, but get more if you can. He has a family to look after.

That's right. The only person linked to either camp who gave confirmation of a fight happening - not confirming it was Dos Anjos - on the 5th of March was Conor's striking coach on the MMA Hour.

Dos Anjos claimed he signed everything straight away and was one the same money as his last fight. But considering Conor signed a new contract, what would he have to negotiate?

I get the feeling Dos Anjos feels that trying to look for more money is not what Martial Arts or honour and dignity is about, etc. Everyone likes money and wants to get paid more. Shouldn't feel.......not sure what the word is, but get more if you can. He has a family to look after.

RDA is entitled to make more money for fighting Conor than he made for fighting Cerrone. It's a much bigger fight. It'll be seen by a lot more people. I wouldn't fault the guy at all for asking for a couple extra sheckles. All teh bullshit he has to go through putting up with Conor's mouth is going to cost the UFC something.

RDA is entitled to make more money for fighting Conor than he made for fighting Cerrone. It's a much bigger fight. It'll be seen by a lot more people. I wouldn't fault the guy at all for asking for a couple extra sheckles. All teh bullshit he has to go through putting up with Conor's mouth is going to cost the UFC something.

It's strange why he's not more popular than he is. For all the people who say they hate the drama outside the cage and are more interested in the fights alone - I think there's a lot of folk telling fibs there.

What you mean in that last sentence? He beats Conor and it makes the UFC lose money?

It's strange why he's not more popular than he is. For all the people who say they hate the drama outside the cage and are more interested in the fights alone - I think there's a lot of folk telling fibs there.

What you mean in that last sentence? He beats Conor and it makes the UFC lose money?

I'm saying that there should be a premium that the UFC has to pay RDA in order for RDA to put up with all the trash Conor is saying about him. RDA has little to gain from this fight, and a lot to lose.

I'm saying that there should be a premium that the UFC has to pay RDA in order for RDA to put up with all the trash Conor is saying about him. RDA has little to gain from this fight, and a lot to lose.

Ah, my bad. Outside of the press conference, there hasn't really being much back and forth. The fights a little under a month away and the promotion has been quite crap for a Champion v Champion bout.

I think once you're the Champion no matter who you're fighting there's obviously the belt to lose and looking at any potential fights with the other LW's, I don't think he'd get close to the money he'll get if he didn't fight Conor. If he loses, I think he'd be back in the mix for a title shot again not too far out going by how he's beating people up.

Little to gain?? Lol. are you kidding me?? Lol. An RDA headlined PPV would typically draw flies and earn him nearly zip! With CM as the opponent he will probably earn 8 to 10 times his nkrmal pay, maybe more!

Nothing to gain??? Lol

~2 million is my guess

um no.

When's the last time RDA promoted the fight? His usual rounds with the media? His insta?
500k would be more than enough.

Back