How much weight do the current UFC Champion cut?

I know Jones doesn't really CUT that much weight, I think he starts cutting around 220. He said he used to walk around at 213 and didn't cut in the past, but since the Rashad fight he has been walking around at 230 and now does cut weight.

He cuts water weight from around 215. So he is around 215lb on fight night. He's a mid sized LHW.

Jones has cut weight to make 205 for as long as he's been in the UFC. In fact he used to be bigger, I remember seeing him saying he was 228lbs for the Bonnar fight.

He used to cut much less weight and his walk around weight was lower. He was not 228 for the Bonnar fight. The first fight that he started to cut more weight was the Hamill fight I believe.

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/20/2...145-title-fight-rashad-evans-greg-jackson-mma

Starting with the Vitor fight he's begun cutting from less weight again. Cut from 215 for that and since he has been 217ish the week of weigh ins.

Weidman was at 220 before the Maia fight.
And I think Pettis doesn't cut anything. He is very small at LW.

Nope. He posted a picture of the scale the day of the Robbie fight, was 195

Ok, before the weigh ins or after?

Tito weighed in for 205 for one of his fights then posted a vid the same day after the weigh in showing he was 230+.

I actually wasn't sure on Hendricks number, though I know he walks around as high as 200 so I'll take your word for it.

Assume they all cut between 10 and 15% of their weigh in weight.

205 = 225.5 - 235.75
185 = 203.5 - 212.75
170 = 187.0 - 195.5
155 = 170.5 - 178.25
145 = 159.5 - 166.75
135 = 148.5 - 155.25
125 = 137.5 - 143.75

Ok, before the weigh ins or after?

Tito weighed in for 205 for one of his fights then posted a vid the same day after the weigh in showing he was 230+.

I actually wasn't sure on Hendricks number, though I know he walks around as high as 200 so I'll take your word for it.

After the weigh ins, the morning before the fight. It's on his twitter somewhere, made the rounds on Sherdog at the time. I'm not sure but I think from the caption it looked like he hadn't regained all his weight yet either, which is crazy.

Here's the picture I was talking about:

BiyP0dACEAIf2xU.jpg

After the weigh ins, the morning before the fight. It's on his twitter somewhere, made the rounds on Sherdog at the time. I'm not sure but I think from the caption it looked like he hadn't regained all his weight yet either, which is crazy.

Here's the picture I was talking about:

BiyP0dACEAIf2xU.jpg

Oh ok. So it was after the weigh ins. I looked at your previous post and you said you take into account the total weight they regain as part of the weight cut.

Personally I only focus on what weight they cut from, the water cut. Many fighters put on more weight than the water cut so I can understand people being interested in that too.

Oh ok. So it was after the weigh ins. I looked at your previous post and you said you take into account the total weight they regain as part of the weight cut.

Personally I only focus on what weight they cut from, the water cut. Many fighters put on more weight than the water cut so I can understand people being interested in that too.

From my understanding they put on slightly less weight than they cut total, but then I'm no expert.

Weidman was at 220 before the Maia fight.
And I think Pettis doesn't cut anything. He is very small at LW.

Weidman was admittadly way overweight before he got the last minute call to fight Maia. He cut 32 lbs in 10 or 11 days to make weight for Maia and he said it was the hardest thing he has ever done and it severely effected him during the fight.

From my understanding they put on slightly less weight than they cut total, but then I'm no expert.

If you water cut on an empty stomach, I imagine you can regain the water plus eat something to have a bit extra in the stomach.

Afaik, they rehydrate immediately after the weigh ins. as much as possible to gain most of it back. They also have big meals or consecutive meals as well on top of that so it usually works out to gaining more weight than they lost for the water cut. At least for average to large weight cuts.

Cain: Diets 5-10 down for camp. Does not cut weight.
Jones: Cuts from 217-220. Walks around heavier.
Weidman: Cuts from 200-205. Walks around heavier
Hendricks: Cuts from 185ish. Walks around heavier
Pettis: Cuts from 160ish.
Aldo: Cuts from 165ish. Walks around heavier
Dillashaw: Cuts from 148-153(according to Rogan podcast).
MM: Cuts from 140(Not sure)
Rousey: Cuts from 145. Walks around heavier.

This.

Jones has cut weight to make 205 for as long as he's been in the UFC. In fact he used to be bigger, I remember seeing him saying he was 228lbs for the Bonnar fight.

Here is where I got the info
"In the past, one of Rashad's main advantages over me was that he was more seasoned and a lot more stronger than I was. When I first joined the UFC, I never really cut weight, I came in extremely thin. Walking around at 213, 210. Now I walk around at almost 230 at times. I'm just a lot more mature in my body and physical strength. I think that's gonna be a huge difference for him and he's gonna feel it right away."

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/20/2963031/jon-jones-weight-size-ufc-145-title-fight-rashad-evans-greg-jackson-mma

There is a video on there too where he says that quote and talks more about that

Back