How much weight do the current UFC Champion cut?

Steveston

Lion's Den
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've wondered this for awhile now I know how much a few UFC Champions cut but I have no idea for guys like Chris Weidman, Anthony Pettis, ect.

Let's see how many posters fail to make the distinction between "weight cutting" and losing fat through exercise and caloric restriction in this thread.

Weidman said at a Q&A in January around 200. Also said that that's around what he rehydrates back to now that he's champ and wants to keep his cardio from suffering from getting too heavy

Rousey said she was 148 at the last press conference

weidman said at a q&a in january around 200. Also said that that's around what he rehydrates back to now that he's champ and wants to keep his cardio from suffering from getting too heavy

Here are my guesstimates :

Jones: about 20-25 pounds
Weidman : about 20-25 pounds
Hendricks: about 25 pounds
Pettis : about 10-15 pounds
Aldo : About 20 pounds
TJ : About 15 pounds
Mighty Mouse : I'd say 10-15 pounds
Ronda : 10-15 pounds

Let some here tell it Jones cuts 50lbs so he doesn't have to fight at hw

Before the Dillashaw destruction, I'd have said Barao cut the most (easily the most in terms of % of body weight, and maybe even the most total).

A lot of the WW's are just as heavy as the MW's. Weidman used to cut from 210. I think it's a little less now in an attempt to save his cardio.

Weidman allegedly cut from 202 for the alst Silva fight. Jones said he cut from 215 or 218 IIRC. No idea how much Pettis cuts, he looks bigger than Aldo and Jose cuts from 170.

the short answer... a lot, each champ is different but besides cain each one of them is pretty large for their weigh class....maybe not MM but even he is pretty bulked out but that could be due to height.

I know Jones doesn't really CUT that much weight, I think he starts cutting around 220. He said he used to walk around at 213 and didn't cut in the past, but since the Rashad fight he has been walking around at 230 and now does cut weight.

What do you consider weight cutting? There seems to be some differences in what people look at as weight cutting. There is a difference between calorie reduced diets to lose weight leading up to a fight and trying to shed 10-20lbs of water in the last couple days before the weigh in.

I know Jones doesn't really CUT that much weight, I think he starts cutting around 220. He said he used to walk around at 213 and didn't cut in the past, but since the Rashad fight he has been walking around at 230 and now does cut weight.

Jones has cut weight to make 205 for as long as he's been in the UFC. In fact he used to be bigger, I remember seeing him saying he was 228lbs for the Bonnar fight.

What do you consider weight cutting? There seems to be some differences in what people look at as weight cutting. There is a difference between calorie reduced diets to lose weight leading up to a fight and trying to shed 10-20lbs of water in the last couple days before the weigh in.

Weight cutting referes specifically to water weight that will be regained before the fight.

W 8-12 week diets and cutting water:

Weidman prob goes from 205-185
Pettis now 175-180
TJ 155-135
Aldo 172 to 145
Jones 230-205
Dj 155-125
Hendriks 200-170 even more now that he has injury

I consider weight cutting the diet and 8 to 12 week prep + the last week sodium dump

Cain: Diets 5-10 down for camp. Does not cut weight.
Jones: Cuts from 217-220. Walks around heavier.
Weidman: Cuts from 200-205. Walks around heavier
Hendricks: Cuts from 185ish. Walks around heavier
Pettis: Cuts from 160ish.
Aldo: Cuts from 165ish. Walks around heavier
Dillashaw: Cuts from 148-153(according to Rogan podcast).
MM: Cuts from 140(Not sure)
Rousey: Cuts from 145. Walks around heavier.

Back