How much training would it take for top pro boxers to completely dominate the UFC?

None

Pro Boxers make Gang Busters more than nearly any MMA fighter 99% of the time.

Why would they down grade themselves to MMA Pay? When they're old and worthwhile anymore.

So they're not Proboxers no more, just on the verge of retirement.

Look when she turned to MMA she was ranked #2 in the world, w/ 19 championships, but her Boxing path was weird in that her two coaches, one is a kickboxer, the other is a grappling guy. What do these two fucks Jackson/Wink have anything to do with Boxing? She Boxed in a MMA gym, some would say the top 3 MMA gym in the world.

She accumulated 10 MMA wins, and Blessed us all by taking down the Monster that is Ronda, but now we see her "losing her step", she looks slow, and out of her prime, after only 1 mega fight?

Holly is past her prime, she did grant us a grand performance and Slayed the Troll before she looked run down,

Holly Bless
giphy.gif

But she's past her prime.
Only reason why Holly did well is because WMMA is the shallowest competition in history of combat sports. We are talking about literally 1/100 the competition level and talent depth of MMA.

The real question is, would they make for better boyfriends than UFC champions?

Depends on how well they adapt to the grappling aspect of MMA. Being from boxing you know they can take and throw a punch, but with out a solid ground game all of that goes out the door. You have to be fairly well rounded to compete at the highest level of MMA, especially at this stage in the sport. So like I said it's all how well they can adapt to the ground game aspect of MMA. But that's just this mothafuckas opinion.

They would need a couple years of MMA training like mostly any MMA fighter.

A lot of the top boxers are as good at boxing as they are because they've been doing it a really long time. Maybe the #10 ranked boxer in a random division would be way better at MMA than the #3 ranked guy. It would be a case by case thing. Some guys would probably never be good at MMA because their skills and attributes are more specific to boxing. Someone like GGG or Canelo would be straight busting heads as soon as they learned a bit. Can you imagine a Tony Ferguson in a punching exchange with Canelo? Shieee.
Old man Randy Couture demolished James Toney, ankle pic takedown, ground and pound, choke submission in the first round. Toney had been training MMA for 12 months.

There is a very high chance they wouldn't dominate anything in MMA no matter how much they 'train'

MMA is not for everyone.

Wrestling is definitely not for everyone.

MMA striking, is not for everyone
You Are Correct.

Read my post and use your brain. Just because it's popular with fans doesn't mean it's a mainstream sport for participation. Participation follows popularity. At the moment it's very hard to train MMA in the majority of the world. There are boxing gyms in every country in the world. It will catch up hopefully as boxing loses popularity but it's not there yet.
It's easier to find mma, tma, wresting places to train than boxing here in New York and that's probably true for most of the US.

It's easier to find mma, tma, wresting places to train than boxing here in New York and that's probably true for most of the US.

And guess what the US Isn't the only country in the world. Just look at the Olympics. You've got boxers from Africa, North and South America, Asia, Europe all at the highest level. There's a reason that most of the UFC roster are American or Brazilian. That's where most of the fighters are from. Americans and Brazilians aren't naturally the best fighters. The rest of the world, ie. the majority boxing dominates except for a few countries.

ok so we all know that boxing has the best athletes out of all the combat sports in the world. If boxers jump straight into MMA they will get their ass handed to them but how much training would it take for them to completely embarrass the rest of the roster? I would say in two years training these a level athletes(who already have so much combat experience) would dominate the sport. In one year you would have some guys that are good enough to be champ but not completely dominant.

They are never going to get past the Demian Maias and heck even the Thales Leites of the MMA world. Two years of BJJ and TDD training is not going to stop them from getting tapped the fuck out, I don't care how athletic they are. Straight boxing skills have proven time and again to not translate well to MMA when you are fighting wrestlers and ground artists.

They would have to learn MMA striking and they will lose a lot of what made them special as boxers (which for a lot of the lower weights is usually their footwork)

I'm inclined to disagree with this and I'll tell you why. Strikers respond to movements of the torso region. It's easier to read where a punch is heading (EDIT: maybe I should say THAT a STRIKE is coming) if I'm looking at your torso/chest than anything else. As soon as a kick starts to be thrown, you might not read it as a kick initially, but you see the muscles move and you know a strike is coming, whether it be fists or feet, headed for the legs, body or head, you see that an attack is coming, and boxers seem to have pretty good muscle memory and ability to read body movement.

Their good muscle memory will work against them, as they read the attack coming from the left side their body will guard a punch to the left, and their leg gets blasted with a kick or the kick smashes into their head from the side. Hard to unlearn all that supremely-boxing instincts for guarding punches you know.

Boxing is not MMA Striking, it's not even Kickboxing. It's worlds apart.

Depends. Some people just have naturally strong hips and can defend takedowns easier than others. HW boxers could probably easily become champions since that division is garbage.

HW Boxers probably have the best chance. They don't lose as much transitioning to MMA as a lighter weight boxer would.

Not sure, but it would be much, much easier for a boxer to have a successful mma career than an mma fighter to have a successful boxing career.

It's just a lot tougher to get to the top in boxing.

2 years training 2x per day 6x week. They have to learn muay thai and bjj at least.

As much as Johnnie walker wants to stop walking

Depends on body type, boxing style, and how much they put into it.

2 years training 2x per day 6x week. They have to learn muay thai and bjj at least.
2 yrs training bjj and muay thai following big success as a pro boxer would probably result in moderate success in a lower tier mma organization. Look at roided out Kimbo Slice getting owned by that pink haired light heavy weight. While Kimbo was no Evander Holyfield, he was looked at by the general public, even by many in boxing circles, as a guy that was going to be a real threat in MMA

2 yrs training bjj and muay thai following big success as a pro boxer would probably result in moderate success in a lower tier mma organization. Look at roided out Kimbo Slice getting owned by that pink haired light heavy weight. While Kimbo was no Evander Holyfield, he was looked at by the general public, even by many in boxing circles, as a guy that was going to be a real threat in MMA
I havent seen it was ''to completely dominate''. Yeah, what i described is the minimum to survive there and have moderate success like you said. To dominate it would take more years and get some specifics in other martial arts like wrestling.

Wrestlers transition better because they have the ability to control the pace of a fight.

Strikers would have to go through more mental training than anything else. They'd need to prepare for wrestlers; take down defense and offense, transitions, submission defense and offense (Jujitsu tie in yeah), they'd have a lot more work to do there.

Back