How much training would it take for top pro boxers to completely dominate the UFC?

Depends. Some people just have naturally strong hips and can defend takedowns easier than others. HW boxers could probably easily become champions since that division is garbage.

Years, but it of course depends of the person. GSP had no wrestling credentials, but he just naturally took to it.

Years of intensive grappling training and adapting his boxing game to MMA. So much so that his pure boxing would inevitably suffer and become less sharp.

This is not to put down MMA. MMA is my favourite sport. However it is not mainstream yet but I feel it will become so. Boxing has fighters from literally every country and much more which means that they would have better athletes. This would give a huge advantage. For example imagine if Lesnar had two years to train for MMA before his debut and he didn't get injured. He could have dominated the division. Boxing has tons of guys like Brock

mma is super mainstream. mtv talking about nate diaz ffs.

depends on how much natural talent they have for grappling.

Amir khan has said he's interested in crossing over and I remember an article years ago where he said he was training kicks and he was just starting grappling a bit... I think that might have been about 2010.

They don't need great wrestling to stop elite wrestlers. Like with bjj. It is much easier learning to stop someone submitting you than learning how to submit someone else
I disagree, wrestling is harder to stop than bjj submissions.

That's a hard question to answer it depends on who you're fighting and what stylistic match up the Boxer would have on his hands.
Skill sets differ in different weight classes too.
You can't learn how to grapple overnight it takes years to master, assuming the opponent isn't a wrestler I would say two years of hard consistent training.

Last edited:
The question has no answer. A lot of them would never be good at mma. a lot would be okay. Some might be great. No way of knowing and no amount of training will make a difference

as much (and maybe as long) as it is taking cm punk..

A lot of training. Years of it.

Where you even coming up with these numbers from? Are you just trying to insult MMA fighters? Anyone who says all a boxer needs to do is learn to sprawl and he'll be the champ exposes themselves as someone who doesn't really understand the sport

Not so much a boxer, but a good Muay Thai striker or kickboxer could.

See Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson.

Ummm..... about, well, I'd say... Pork.

Yes, pork is the answer.

ok so we all know that boxing has the best athletes out of all the combat sports in the world. If boxers jump straight into MMA they will get their ass handed to them but how much training would it take for them to completely embarrass the rest of the roster? I would say in two years training these a level athletes(who already have so much combat experience) would dominate the sport. In one year you would have some guys that are good enough to be champ but not completely dominant.
For a top level pro boxer to completely dominate MMA. Probably would need 4 to 6 years of dedicated wrestling training while concurrently training bjj. To do well and compete with MMA fighters who are are almost exclusively strikers they would need a couple of years of kickboxing/muay thai. Remember back in 2012 when Wonderboy fought Matt brown. W-boy was something like 60-0 amateur plus pro as a kickboxer. Doing back flips with twists after wins. Good fight but Brown beat W-boys head in on the ground

Back