How much sponsorship do prelim fighters make? (pre-reebok)

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am curios to know how much money fighters make on sponsorship if they are either new or they are mid-level veterans?

EDIT: I am curios about pre-reebok era.

Last edited:
are you talking that sweet Reebok money? i think the more fights youve had the more money you make

Sponsorship that's not Reebok?

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

5 Free fasteners from dynamic fasteners and a few jimmy hats from their friends at Condom Depot

They each get a coupon for 10% off at any Reebok clearance center..

Here it is from 2010:

Below we will note the major figures that came from the discussion, the main focus of which was the UFC, though Strikeforce and Bellator were also mentioned.

UFC:
Unaired Prelim Fighters:

$10,000 – $15,000, but can double that if their fight airs on the broadcast which acts as an incentive for fighters to pull of quick and preferably spectacular finishes to increase their chances of being shown.

Spike TV Fighters:

Spike TV’s prelim specials air two fights live and that can be a major financial boost for those chosen, with Kawa estimating that they earn $30,000+ in sponsorship deals for such a bout.

Pay-Per-View Main Card:

$30,000 – $50,000 is the expected ballpark figures for a ‘non-star’ featuring on a UFC main card during a PPV event, but can increase if he is appearing on either co-main or main event slot.

Pay-Per-View Main Event:

Main event status is of course every fighters goal, but it’s mainly reserved for the UFC’s biggest stars who can expect to earn a six figure sum for sponsorship, with figures varying dependent on the fighter.

Strikeforce:
Fighters on a Strikeforce main card should expect to earn between $15,000 – $30,000 with main event competitors likely to earn more dependent on their star power.

Bellator:
Most fighters earn less than $5,000 per fight from sponsors. Others better known names pull in closer to $10,000, with champions claiming $10,000+.

Interesting stuff I’m sure you’ll agree. Of course it should be stressed that this is just from Malki Kawa’s own experience so there’s still room for movement in all these figures dependent on the individual fighters and their agents.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mmains...ponsorship-earnings-revealed-by-mma-agent/amp

UFC:
Unaired Prelim Fighters:

$10,000 – $15,000, but can double that if their fight airs on the broadcast which acts as an incentive for fighters to pull of quick and preferably spectacular finishes to increase their chances of being shown.

Sorry, but this is bullshit.

Who the fuck pays $10k-$15k to be on a fighters shorts that isnt even aired on tv..

The idea that facebook prelim guys in 2010 were bringing in $15k in on short sponsors is utter bollocks

Sorry, but this is bullshit.

Who the fuck pays $10k-$15k to be on a fighters shorts that isnt even aired on tv..

The idea that facebook prelim guys in 2010 were bringing in $15k in on short sponsors is utter bollocks

Yup, Ross Cole and his fake news strike again.

I remember Mitrione firing Kawa on the mic post-fight for “only getting him $5K in sponsors”, so I guess they were making some money.

Why wouldn't you say before Reebok in your original thread considering you can just google the pay structure.Uncle Bill's Corner Store.You get a free 6 inch grinder,a small drink,and a small bag of chips from the Deli on Sunday afternoon's.

Seriously though,obviously comes down to the fighter and who they get to sponsor them.I don't feel like looking into what some people say they made.

Budlight payed Brock Lesnar nuffin.

I am curios to know how much money fighters make on sponsorship if they are either new or they are mid-level veterans?

EDIT: I am curios about pre-reebok era.

it hard to say really. im sure they got a few hundard bucks at least to have there logos on there banners.

I cant find it now but fighters can make really good money promoting brands / stuff on IG and Twitter.
Is in the 20 -40K / month IIRC.

A local fighter when he was in Prime Fighting made $1500 to show, $1500 to win and $8500 in sponsors per fight. So I cant imagine a fighter already in the UFC making less.

Back