How Much Slack Should/Would You Cut Someone When They're Drunk?

No, don't drink at all.

To be honest with you... I'm not surprised by this at all. And I mean no offense by the following, it's just something I've noticed that you might want to take into account before dealing with someone that's done something fairly harmless that you have a strong personal bias towards.

I've found that most people that have had their lives destroyed by Alcohol (Either because they were an Alcoholic or someone they love was) are left with a really, really bad taste in their mouth about it... And end up allowing themselves to take situations that have nothing to do with them very personally or trying to take it out on others in some kind of attempt to right that wrong, be it that they rail against other people they know drinking or if in a position of power, over-react or take it out on their subordinates in a situation like you described. Your post reeked of anger and personal resentment.

Scolding a great worker like that and threatening termination seems way overblown for a situation that happens in the workplace if they haven't done it before. Just my .02.

Zero.

Equally zero for someone who is hungover. Just this morning I sent someone home for coming into a strategy meeting and obviously having a serious hangover. Told him the next time to not bother and have his resume ready for a new job.

Its a voluntary thing to get drunk, you get no mercy for the repercussions.
Haha you seem like a stuck-up bitch. I would have given you the finger and taken another job. Coincidentally my current boss (the job is at a bank) has no problem with people coming in hungover sometimes which suits me just fine.

To TS: Not much slack.. Unless you said it as a joke.

What if someone is drunk and starts dropping n bombs and going on donald sterling like rants.

As long as someone who has had 7 nose jobs isn't recording the conversation I think all can be forgiven.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid to get drunk on a worknight

Do you not drink? surely you must have done some stupid shit too

Coming into an office setting visibly hung over is just typically frowned upon in most companies. If your that hung over just call in. More importantly, don't get wasted the night before a meeting, especially if it's an important/manditory meeting.

As to the OP, you were a dick and lucky you didn't get laid out. It seems like you have some friends who can show a lot of restraint. A lot of people wouldn't be so forgiving in the moment. You should probably apologize and thank them.

Haha you seem like a stuck-up bitch. I would have given you the finger and taken another job. Coincidentally my current boss (the job is at a bank) has no problem with people coming in hungover sometimes which suits me just fine.

Happy is a good dude... But I'd be willing to wager big money the scenario I laid out in the above post is spot on. Either he's a former Alcoholic or his life was destroyed by one.

IRL I bet you'd say "good day to you, kind sir", tipped your hat and politely made your way out.

I'd love to know HappyBoy's vice.

His pious type always have the most f'd up kinky power trip perversions lol

I'm guessing he calls up random women and asks questions about their feet.

Happy is a good dude... But I'd be willing to wager big money the scenario I laid out in the above post is spot on. Either he's a former Alcoholic or his life was destroyed by one.

My mom was an alcoholic and I didn't touch alcohol until I was 21.
rarely drink now.
When i was a kid I'd find bottles of Listerine between my mattress and box spring where she would try to hide it from my dad.

Let's be honest, Bloke... Who doesn't do that? Let that person cast the first stone! :icon_lol:

He's started a pretty epic cigar thread that's been going for years, so I'm going to go with tobacco.

My mom was an alcoholic and I didn't touch alcohol until I was 21.
rarely drink now.
When i was a kid I'd find bottles of Listerine between my mattress and box spring where she would try to hide it from my dad.

Brutal, my Friend. I'm sorry to hear that... But notice how you haven't chastised anyone in this thread about drinking or described some power trip you had on someone who's behavior activated your trauma.

I think that's the difference here. Not that I'm coming down on Happy... He probably doesn't even recognize he's doing it.

It depends if I care about them or not, to be honest. I understand that being drunk is like being very mad - they are brief periods of insanity. People may not be in complete control and don't make much sense. If I care about you and respect you, some things may be more allowable, such as insults, getting loud, maybe a little bit aggressive and physical (strong hugs, pinching, light grappling and striking combinations that annoy more than they hurt). However, if I don't like you or know you and you're fucking with my or the groups vibe, I'll react real quick to stop the nonsense.

To be honest with you... I'm not surprised by this at all. And I mean no offense by the following, it's just something I've noticed that you might want to take into account before dealing with someone that's done something fairly harmless that you have a strong personal bias towards.

I've found that most people that have had their lives destroyed by Alcohol (Either because they were an Alcoholic or someone they love was) are left with a really, really bad taste in their mouth about it... And end up allowing themselves to take situations that have nothing to do with them very personally or trying to take it out on others in some kind of attempt to right that wrong, be it that they rail against other people they know drinking or if in a position of power, over-react or take it out on their subordinates in a situation like you described. Your post reeked of anger and personal resentment.

Scolding a great worker like that and threatening termination seems way overblown for a situation that happens in the workplace if they haven't done it before. Just my .02.

Wise words, bud.

Brutal, my Friend. I'm sorry to hear that... But notice how you haven't chastised anyone in this thread about drinking or described some power trip you had on someone who's behavior activated your trauma.

I think that's the difference here. Not that I'm coming down on Happy... He probably doesn't even recognize he's doing it.

Good points.
agreed

Back