How much reach does Jones have on DC?

High Altitude

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Someone told me 12"!!!!!!

Damn, how is DC going to get inside?

Do you guys think DC is going to freeze up?

Lots of fighters freeze up when fighting someone with a huge amount of reach on them since they have never fought someone, or even trained, under those conditions before.

DC will use some amazing footwork to move in

It's a foot of reach. But a foot may not be enough to stop DC

It's not a foot of reach. The wingspan difference goes from outstretched arm to outstretched arm, no one fights one their wingspan. So it's probably more like 3-5 inches of actual difference. Still huge though.

It's not a foot of reach. The wingspan difference goes from outstretched arm to outstretched arm, no one fights one their wingspan. So it's probably more like 3-5 inches of actual difference. Still huge though.

I think it's likely substantially more than 3-5 inches. DC's back looks at least at broad as Jon's, so that 12 inch difference is all in the arms. Divide the 12 inches in half and you get 6 inches per arm.

And if DC's back is broader than Jon's (which it appears to be), then the reach advantage is even more than 6 inches. That's huge.

And if DC's back is broader than Jon's (which it appears to be), then the reach advantage is even more than 6 inches. That's huge.

Fighters are using their shoulders and back by standing sideways and extending themselves. So it is still part of their reach. Mark Hunt showed it perfectly during the Kongo knockdown.

Jones also has very long fingers (probably 2" longer than DC) which should reduce the effective reach difference. But as we all know, that Jones really taking advantage of that.

I think it's likely substantially more than 3-5 inches. DC's back looks at least at broad as Jon's, so that 12 inch difference is all in the arms. Divide the 12 inches in half and you get 6 inches per arm.

This.

Unlike someone like Lesnar who has a long reach but very wide back. It also matters on how he utilizes his reach and punches.

yea, about a whole foot if I remembered correctly.

Either way, some will be disappointed, some shall be left in ecstasy. Some will get pussy tonight, others will not. When was the last epic battle you saw other than a 2 min worthless scrap and then TKO? Hunt vs Bigfoot?

Announce the rematch already.

It's 12 inches officially, but Cormier curls his fingers. The functional difference is more like 18 inches.

Back