How much potential does James Vick have?

SpongeJoshSquareCheck

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So after watching his fight with Gaethje I was a bit disappointed. He seemed to have the basic advantages and seemed to be the favorite only to be finished in Round 1. Kinda reminded me of Stefan Struve of LW. I actually warmed up to him a bit after the Homer Simpson of MMA comment and thought it was a funny breath of fresh air from everyone trying to emulate McGregor trash talk. He face Paul Felder next and I'm rooting for him. Does anyone think he can achieve better than being number 9 ranked?

Not sure dude is a huge LW, slick striking but he's also old so depending on what his fight age is will tell I suppose

Potential not as high as his chin

He needs to give himself a chance at 170lbs

Maybe his brain will respond better there and won’t shut off after the first clean punch lands on him

Defence isn't good enough, he's got tools to be in top 10

C+ level.

He's got that mini Stefan Strive vibe - can cause problems with his size, but doesn't really know how to use it, which makes him clunky on his feet, and open to getting KO'd because of his rigid stance.

6. He has 6 potential.

Not sure. He's super slick with his boxing at times, but he has failed when fighting legit opposition.

Don't think he'll ever snatch a belt, but he could crack the top 10 for sure if he improves.

Nothing against Vick, but watching him get KOed was immensely satisfying. Some guys just have a way of getting KTFO more epically than others. Bisping is one of the GOATS in this regard.

UnderstatedColorlessCarp-size_restricted.gif

I'd give 170 a try if I were him.

If the rumours are true of a new title being introduced on Saturday (hopefully the 165 belt), then James Vick will do well there.
He got KOed quickly by Gaethje probably because he had weight cut too severely. He looked like shit in the pre fight post weigh in interview. almost as bad as Rockhold with his sun glasses on blabbering incoherently.
James Vick at 165 10 lbs more in his body come weigh in day. His brain wont be as easily rattled because of it.
James Vick, Kevin Lee, Colby, Gunnar Nelson and Askren at 165 is where it's at.

Dude has a weak chin and is easy to hit. Any legit top 10 guy should beat him easily. One of those fighters that every good prospect should be eager to fight to get a spectacular KO.

Last edited:
Nothing against Vick, but watching him get KOed was immensely satisfying. Some guys just have a way of getting KTFO more epically than others. Bisping is one of the GOATS in this regard.

UnderstatedColorlessCarp-size_restricted.gif

It's his build. Seeing lanky mofos get ko'd is soooo satisfying.
Watching them crumple like a folded piece of paper neva gets old.

Starting to have that Myles Jury vibe where you think oh man this guys going to be special and then 3 losses later all the sudden they are 35 and blow

Back