how much of Sherdog Conor adulation is just trolling?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by mma midwest fan, Jan 19, 2015.

1. mma midwest fan

mma midwest fan Purple Belt

First off, Conor is a star and he is growing on me. That said, some of GOAT praise is over the top...do you guys think a lot of it is simply meant to stir up haters. Thoughts?

2. nintey

nintey Brown Belt

I'd say 75% is just sarcastic/trolling but as he keeps winning the number shrinks.

3. Oogie Sharp

Oogie Sharp Red Belt

I honestly have said the same thing about some Jones fans on this board. You never know who you're dealing with in an anonymous internet forum.

4. LongTermLurker

LongTermLurker "Et tu, Brute?" Platinum Member

Most. Conor talk really gets under people's skin.

5. louieb

louieb Red Belt

I've been on Sherdog long enough to realize that there are certain posters that only post "pro UFC" stuff. If Conor is the star at the moment they are creating those threads that are about him being great and trolling threads talking about him being overrated. Some of them are opinions by honest posters. However, you will also see the schills posting in pro Jones threads saying "who cares about the results" which is exactly what the UFC would want people to say. It's pretty obvious who those posters are and if you can't tell then start paying attention. Anyone the UFC is pushing will get a thousand threads which keeps their names relevant.

6. ThePewp

ThePewp Green Belt

Is this an opinion or do you have a portfolio of data, along with other evidence to prove your claim? You are making a claim, so you can prove it, right? You are using a lot of dodgy language. Then you claim it is just obvious who "they" and "those posters" and "schills" are.

You don't need to back up your claim, because you are so obviously right that your claim just proves itself, right? Is that your premise here?

7. Deleroux

Deleroux Purple Belt

Well, the haters do make themselves easy targets for many, I suspect. Then again, I'm sure much of the exaggerated Conor hate is also trolling to one degree or another, too.

8. grzelkaj

grzelkaj Orange Belt

For me 20%. He's a hell of a fighter. He's entertaining, which is important. Nobody wants to get Fitch'd. But I love the rage the McGoat enstills in his detractors.

9. fightdonttweet

fightdonttweet Banned Banned

Lol so what does that make you? Anti-UFC? Why the hell would you post on a UFC forum then?

10. Metal_Daze

Metal_Daze Geonor St Gregor

Conor bless 'mirite?

11. kingcillo24

kingcillo24 Black Belt

The forum is just having fun.

12. IDGETKTFO

IDGETKTFO White Belt Double Yellow Card

I know my intentions are exactly as such. But on the other hand, i do think he is a good striker. We will see if he ever becomes a good MMA fighter.

That said, he is gonna kick da shite out of that little brazilian.

13. myopinions

myopinions Orange Belt

Often wondered this myself. Although his performances have been very good so the situation is growing on me

14. runnpray

runnpray Full Kit Wanker

If I didn't read sherdog, I'd probably be a big fan of Conor, but the trolling and general douchebaggery that surrounds him on the forums makes him awfully hard to cheer far. I've honestly got one foot one the bandwagon and one foot ready to run and not be associated with the retards that seem to support him real or otherwise.

15. iboufring**

iboufring** Green Belt

Notice that alot of these pro conor accounts started late 2014-early 2015. Cant be a coincidense. I just think hes bringing alot of new fans to the sport. Which is good, but it gets kinda annoying when there is alot of ignorant comments.

Its all good

16. Del1

Del1 Guest

First off, amazing av.
    I think it's like anything that's on the internet; there are genuine people out there, a big pile of people acting differently than they are irl, and a few trolls out there to say something outrageous to start a battle between the people at the farthest edges of opinion. Troll says something horrible about black people, real black racist says something horrible about white people, real white racist comments to call black racist the N word.
    TLDR version: It's easy enough to filter out the people who aren't genuine, you just have a lot of filtering to do.

17. Vikassi

Vikassi Purple Belt

Trolls are good for the internets.

Connor is good for the UFC.

18. jeremyemilio

jeremyemilio Silver Belt

Less and less...