How Much Of A Chance Are You Giving Dos Anjos Against Pettis?

Good match-up for Pettis. It's not that Anjos is an easy fight because he lacks in skill, he's very good, but that he's boxing-oriented with a ground game as a fall back plan.

He'd need to use that grappling here, but doesn't have top-notch wrestling to keep Pettis down. What's left is largely a striking battle and Pettis' footwork is too good to get into a brawl, and he's deadly from a kickboxing range. Pettis is also a big LW with long arms, which helps in defending TD's.

Khabib has the style to cause Pettis problems and is undefeated, that's the real title fight to me. Add that Khabib already beat RDA, and this fight is largely interesting because Pettis is fighting, not because he's fighting Anjos.

Last edited:
He'll do slightly better than Gil before being sent to his grave

He has a great chance. Anyone who finishes Henderson the way he did is an elite fighter.

I favour Pettis however Dos Anjos winning a decision or maybe even pulling out a sub wouldn't surprise me.

If RDA shows up in top form he wins. If he loses that means the best RDA didn't show up.

Not many gave TJ much of a chance against Barao either. We all know how that one-sided beatdown went. I'd give Rafael about a 35-40% chance. I definitely think Pettis is better. But the better fighter doesn't always come out on top. If he lands a shot like he did against Benson, then we could have a new champ in the LW division.

He'll do better than people expect but I think Pettis will get the finish

I like how Dos Anjos as looked since fighting Khabib, but I think Anthony has too much game and movement for Dos Anjos.

has quite a decent chance. RDA is tough and may have his moments against Pettis

I think it'll be the most competitive defense for Pettis yet. Win or lose.

Anyone who thinks this guy stands a chance obviously still dont understand Pettis' greatness yet, but they will.

Dos Anjos beat a lot of top guys in his win streak so far (minus the Khabieber)

Anthony Njokuani
Mark Bocek
Evan Dunham
Donald Cerrone
Benson Henderson
Nate Diaz

Pretty impressive resume

Plus his titanium fused jaw seems to be helping

Back