How Much Of A Chance Are You Giving Dos Anjos Against Pettis?

26.41% give or take. Nah but really RDA could become a very little known champion. Most people are counting him out looking forward to Cerrone/Nurmagomedov winner taking on Pettis. But this could go either way.

The chance a very good but not great two-way pitcher has of throwing a shutout against the top lineup in the league OR connecting perfectly for a home run in his few AB's that same game. Like whatever percentage of the time Carlos Zambrano did that.

Pettis is way too quick for him and nearly everything he lands is hard. RDA's best chance is going for broke and come out guns blazing.

26.41% give or take. Nah but really RDA could become a very little known champion. Most people are counting him out looking forward to Cerrone/Nurmagomedov winner taking on Pettis. But this could go either way.

I know Cerrone is a warrior and just loves to fight but choosing to take on Khabib is bad news . I would prefer Cerrone to be gifted the shot at pettis after RDA . On fact of just being a badass on a 7 fight win streak and stepping up at all times. The hive Khabib a tune up fight then Khabib vs Cerrone/pettis 2 winner.

I think RDA can TKO him in Round 1.

It's going to be a great fight.

50/50 honestly. Both are in their prime.

I know Cerrone is a warrior and just loves to fight but choosing to take on Khabib is bad news . I would prefer Cerrone to be gifted the shot at pettis after RDA . On fact of just being a badass on a 7 fight win streak and stepping up at all times. The hive Khabib a tune up fight then Khabib vs Cerrone/pettis 2 winner.

I kind of disagree. It's refreshing that the UFC is putting on a true number one contender fight for once. It was beginning to feel like boxing with fights like Rory MacDonald vs. Tarec saffedine, hector Lombard vs. Josh burkmann and conor McGregor vs. Denis siver. It's like contenders were getting tune up fights before their title shot.

Edit: just noticed you said give khabib a tune up fight lol. And also I do want to see both of them fight for the title but its refreshing to see the matchup. If Pettis weren't so injury prone they probably would have already

In striking, definitely. BJJ? It's close but I give the edge to RDA. Pettis has excellent BJJ, but RDA's is world class. People put a lot of stock into Pettis submitting Gilbert, but he locked in the sub after pouncing once Gil was hurt from punches.

That's MMA bjj though.

Gil and Bendo were hurt, but neither were badly enough to where they weren't in position to defend if they reacted as quickly as they needed to. He didn't incapacitate them or near it beforehand.

Bendo was going for gnp when Pettis locked him up. That's when he got Roller and Campbell too. Pettis counters the top fighter's MMA offense very well. There was nothing to counter against Guida because he just laid there, but that's in part due to who the ref was. It was Mazzaggatti. Incidentally he reffed both of Pettis' technical losses, and is known for falling asleep when fighters are on the ground (Dana flipped out on him for it, among other things).

Unless he gets ridiculously lucky to have Mazzaggatti or someone like him as the ref, RDA will have to be active, making him much more susceptible to being subbed by Pettis. This is MMA bjj, not competitive.

i give him a decent chance. dudes tough as fuck, strong wrestler/grappler, well rounded, great cardio, striker with power. assuming he doesnt get caught early with one of pettis's seemingly patented body kicks that are merking dudes, i think he could outwork pettis with dirty boxing, mixing takedowns as well as nice strikes and kicks of his own.

he has the style to beat pettis for sure. i like pettis but i think RDA might actually beat him- also glad this fights happening rather soon (march)

either pettis by KO bodykick in 2 rounds or Dos anjos by DEC or late finish (likely sub or TKO due to pettis getting injured)

Dos Anjos's wrestling and boxing are worse than Gilbert's, and he's probably going to use a similar gameplan. Pettis dusts him in the first round.

Dos Anjos's wrestling and boxing are worse than Gilbert's, and he's probably going to use a similar gameplan. Pettis dusts him in the first round.

You are so wrong in so many ways. Gilbert's boxing is very overrated. Dos Anjos has way more power, is faster, and his wrestling is about even with Gil's I'd say. He's a much better overall striker than Gilbert. Dos Anjos is being very overlooked here.

You are so wrong in so many ways. Gilbert's boxing is very overrated. Dos Anjos has way more power, is faster, and his wrestling is about even with Gil's I'd say. He's a much better overall striker than Gilbert. Dos Anjos is being very overlooked here.

Dos Anjos got outstruck by Jason High in the first round. He has more power, that's about it.

He's got a shot. I mean he's a really good fighter. But Pettis is one of those guys you just can't bet against right now. 25 minutes is a long time to not get finished by Showtime.

A decent chance. I'm actually picking him to win. Very underrated boxing and grappling.

I give him about the same chance I gave Benson and Melendez.

Aside from power, how is RDA a better boxer than Gil? You say Gil's boxing is overrated, but I don't recall him losing on boxing to anyone besides Pettis.

RDA has shocked dudes who are hard to do that to in Bendo and Cerrone, but I don't know if he won the overall boxing with Cerrone, lost to Tibau, arguably Dunham, Stephens, etc. His boxing has solid power to it like I said, but his punches can be wide, and his combos are worse than a guy like Gil.

I'd say technically, and in terms of results, Gil has been better over his career. Masvidal is a really good boxer, and Gil just picked him apart for 5 rounds with combos. I'd probably rate RDA as the better overall striker due to the kicking game and knees, but not boxer.

If RDA doesn't get the ko, he's not winning a boxing match w/ Pettis, and the way Pettis is looking more powerful himself with his hands lately he's got a good shot winning that way too.

Back