How Much Of A Chance Are You Giving Dos Anjos Against Pettis?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Was looking over the fight poll thread and reading the replies and looking at the poll results and it doesn't seem many people are giving Rafael Dos Anjos a real shot at taking the belt from Pettis. I know RDA has bee working diligently with Rafael Cordeiro to improve his striking, as proof from the Bendo and Diaz fights, and his BJJ is already very good, I don't see how he isn't as much if not more of a threat then someone like Melendez or Bendo was to the title.

Pettis is a certified killer and is only improving, especially in terms of his BJJ where he isn't even a blackbelt yet. He already comes from a crazy striking pedigree, but I just think Dos Anjos has recently turned a corner where we finally get to see striking starting to catch up with his elite BJJ skills and truly become monstrous. If he keeps it up with Cordeiro and comes in with the correct gameplan, I think he's got good chances of leaving with a world title.

So, what do you guys think? What kind of chances do you see RDA having? Slim to none? Good chance? Potential dark horse champion?

He has the right style to beat Pettis; so I'd give him a decent chance

He's got a decent shot. Remember at the end of the day that the only reason people are counting him out is because Pettis is that fucking good and has a tendency to make good fighters look like shit lately or to at least put away in emphatic fashion fighters who are known for being high level and durable.

So the confidence has to lie with Pettis for that reason. He's proven time and time again that if you give him even a slight opening, he is going to put a hurting on you. Gil was really smart in pushing the attack and trying to stifle him and hurt him against the cage but the difference in power was obvious. Gil would connect on six shots in quick succession and then Pettis would just sneak in his one and Gil would be visibly rocked off it.

RDA is a beast. He's very good everywhere. But he needs to fight a very smart, effective game that mixes in his takedowns (to which Pettis still has something of a vulnerability though it's not the liability for him it once was) and his leg kicks and power punches.

The problem is as good as RDA is standing, Pettis is better. Plus he's got crazy killer instinct. If he hurts Dos Anios, he's going to put him away

More than I gave him against Ben, and remember how everyone said "Ben's better than him everywhere." Shit can happen, RDA's a real tough and talented dude.

As Dos Anjos always improves somehow from his previous fights and the dude has been on a beast mode i'll give him a 4/10 chance.

0 to 100 percent, somewhere in that range

I just don't think he'll have the speed, range, or cardio to offer any real troubles to Pettis.

I hope I'm wrong though, because I enjoy watching RDA, and don't particularly care for Pettis.

I don't see any possible way of him winning. Pettis is better in every aspect of MMA.

Was looking over the fight poll thread and reading the replies and looking at the poll results and it doesn't seem many people are giving Rafael Dos Anjos a real shot at taking the belt from Pettis. I know RDA has bee working diligently with Rafael Cordeiro to improve his striking, as proof from the Bendo and Diaz fights, and his BJJ is already very good, I don't see how he isn't as much if not more of a threat then someone like Melendez or Bendo was to the title.

Pettis is a certified killer and is only improving, especially in terms of his BJJ where he isn't even a blackbelt yet. He already comes from a crazy striking pedigree, but I just think Dos Anjos has recently turned a corner where we finally get to see striking starting to catch up with his elite BJJ skills and truly become monstrous. If he keeps it up with Cordeiro and comes in with the correct gameplan, I think he's got good chances of leaving with a world title.

So, what do you guys think? What kind of chances do you see RDA having? Slim to none? Good chance? Potential dark horse champion?

I agree completely. Ive seen so many people counting out RDA, and i see him being more of a challenge then gil and ben.
Im a pettis fan, and i think he has the skills to be the LW goat, but i RDA is really good also. pettis is like a -350 favorite right now. imo, pettis should only be a -200 favorite.

unfortunately, i wont be able to put money down on pettis because the odds are not good.

I just don't think he'll have the speed, range, or cardio to offer any real troubles to Pettis.

I hope I'm wrong though, because I enjoy watching RDA, and don't particularly care for Pettis.

I respect your opnion but idk man this is MMA, One vs One and RDA has been flying. I believe we'll see a great fight no matter the outcome.

He has the style that matches up nicely with Pettis. However Pettis is just that far ahead of the division it's not funny. I expect pettis to finish Dos Anjos in the 2nd round. Due to being a more versatile fighter and having more tools too finish the fight with.

I don't see any possible way of him winning. Pettis is better in every aspect of MMA.

In striking, definitely. BJJ? It's close but I give the edge to RDA. Pettis has excellent BJJ, but RDA's is world class. People put a lot of stock into Pettis submitting Gilbert, but he locked in the sub after pouncing once Gil was hurt from punches.

Back