How much of a beast is Alexander Gustafsson

Db10

White Belt
Reaction score
After watching the main event last night the person I was most impressed with is Alexander Gustafsson I am shocked at how much harder of a time Jones had in that fight then he did last night Gustafsson stopped way more Takedowns then Daniel did he landed way more strikes and it was a closer fight in the end

After watching the main event last night the person I was most impressed with is Alexander Gustafsson I am shocked at how much harder of a time Jones had in that fight then he did last night Gustafsson stopped way more Takedowns then Daniel did he landed way more strikes and it was a closer fight in the end

I think the motivation for Jones was much different in the DC fight.

I think DC could school Gustafsson, and I think Gustafsson still has a chance to beat Jones. However, I will be betting on Jones raising his hand again.

1z3xrae.gif

He was good enough to lose to the goat.

Gus is the only one that can match Jones' length and he's also the best boxer at LHW, so clearly he's an absolute beast. But he also has the unfortunate privilege of going five rounds with possibly the hardest puncher in the UFC in three weeks so we may not even get to see the rematch.

I think the motivation for Jones was much different in the DC fight.

I think DC could school Gustafsson, and I think Gustafsson still has a chance to beat Jones. However, I will be betting on Jones raising his hand again.

Gus would murder DC just like Jones did.

Jones is too good. I don't see anyone beating him including Cain. Jones should defend his LHW title and go get the HW title and defend in both division.

That match proved to me how much of a champion's heart Jones has, and that you'll have to submit, or ko him to get that belt.

I just wish he didn't get his soul taken by Phil Davis. That really kills the matchup for me. Jones beating Gus again will be nice but not as satisfying as adding a Rumble who beat Phil Davis. Davis is the only "other" guy Jones would want on his resume.

Yeah, considering Gus took jon down a couple of times too. Cormier tried with all his might and didn't succeed until the last round. Gus might actually be the best wrestler at lhw.

No doubt both Gus And Jones Are great fighters, but to be fair, they are much bigger than their opponents. Just like Semmy Schilt: the greatest striker of all time, yes, but he was bigger than all his opponents, so we should expect him to win.

I think what Jones under-estimated about Gus the first time is how much damage Gus is willing to absorb, Scandinavians in general live in very harsh conditions in which you need to have strong bones and toughness and he naturally has that.

Styles make fights. Gus is a tougher match up for Jones. That doesn't mean that DC wouldn't beat Gus.

Jones fans...it's ok to acknowledge that Gus is a beast. Although it may sound crazy now, the better Gus turns out to be, the better it reflects on Jones. Jones won that fight fair and square mainly because of the monster elbow landed in the 4th.

Jones is a beast, Gus is a beast and they'll do battle again. It's gonna be OK :icon_lol:

He's thissssssssssssssss much of a beast

No doubt both Gus And Jones Are great fighters, but to be fair, they are much bigger than their opponents. Just like Semmy Schilt: the greatest striker of all time, yes, but he was bigger than all his opponents, so we should expect him to win.

This is the reason Jones struggled with Gus. He's accustomed to being the bully, and struggles with opponents he can't impose his size and leverage on. It's the reason Jones had trouble taking Gus down, the leverage and timing was drastically different when a man of equal size was standing across from him.

Me too. I really hope Alex gets thru his dangerous fight with AJ now that he had to take because UFC

Back