How much money you've lost betting on a fight?

I dont bet straight but lost about 500-800 zl and could have won big over 5 k but fuckin Will Brooks ( I hate you !!!! ) ruined everything
One of my many parlays
ufc.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 3
I cant remember probably like 200quid

The most painful was Alves vs Kampman, mind blowing

Another where i was super confident and lost was Fedor vs Hendo, in the build up it shown fedor training, super crisp sharp STRAIGHT shots looking very fast. I thought bingo, he looks awesome, hes bigger, probably faster, and a better grappler its in the bag.......wrong

around 2,5k on the first GGG/Canelo fight, was one of the first times I was betting on boxing and not used to 1X2 since all bookies give you the money back on a draw in MMA. So I kept live betting either moneyline as the lines swtiched and got fucked by the decision

You having a go on the rematch ?

I like Canelo personally, you ?

You having a go on the rematch ?

I like Canelo personally, you ?
Yeah I'm betting Canelo and o9.5, gotta find a illegal stream for it though since apparently no swedish company got the rights to show it

$550 on Till v Woodley. I had just won $2500 off of Aljo, and decided last minute to change my bet from Woodley to Till because I had a "gut feeling"

massive L

Lost 500$ live betting Arlovski after the first round against Tuivasa. I'm super irresponsible with my bankroll live betting lol and also still upset at that decision.

Different angle here as I didn't lose anything (hedged a bit on Smith ITD and RRed the parlay), but missed out on a big payday. I had just won 17k from a parlay the fight before Shogun/Smith and was way too distracted by that to hedge a decent amount on Smith
Screenshot_20180914-123505_Chrome.jpg

Came close on a couple others as well

Screenshot_20170423-082552.png

Screenshot_20171203-024954.jpg

How about stating the amount you bet in dollars or units? I doubt many in here knows how much polish currency is worth
Ok I will write in dollars. This whole units thing is stupid because I dont know what is for someone 3 units or 5 .

betting on mma is probably the easiet shit to profit from if you got some knowledge, especially live betting
by inferring that its easy would mean that you should have no problem picking 80% or better in this weekends card.

by inferring that its easy would mean that you should have no problem picking 80% or better in this weekends card.
Picking fights is much different than gambling on them. It's about looking at the odds and judging whether or not a particular fighter or outcome is more likely to win or happen more often than the odds suggest and playing them. MMA is still a crazy sport and variance happens. Even the best gamblers go on losing streaks.

Picking fights is much different than gambling on them. It's about looking at the odds and judging whether or not a particular fighter or outcome is more likely to win or happen more often than the odds suggest and playing them. MMA is still a crazy sport and variance happens. Even the best gamblers go on losing streaks.
I'm definitely no expert either. I have my hunches like anyone else but you mentioned the exact reason I couldn't bring myself to put my hard earned money into it.
I don't know if the odds are issued for macgregor vs Khabib but it seems dicey based on the conflict of styles and therefore a tough bet from my perspective.

I'm definitely no expert either. I have my hunches like anyone else but you mentioned the exact reason I couldn't bring myself to put my hard earned money into it.
I don't know if the odds are issued for macgregor vs Khabib but it seems dicey based on the conflict of styles and therefore a tough bet from my perspective.
No one is an expert at first. Hell i'm not very good pre fight myself but I make a decent amount live betting fights as they happen and really it's more a hobby than anything else plus it adds a bit more excitement to the fights themselves.

Odds are out on Khabib/McGregor btw and I think they're off. Conor should be a much bigger underdog. Khabib gonna smash.

I think these are my biggest and most sour losses:

Wonderboy vs Till
Miocic KO vs Ngannou
Gastelum vs Weidman
Aldo vs Connor

This has nothing to do with your straight pick percentage. I can lose 5 bets but cash a fat underdog or prop and cover those losses. And yeah it isn't "easy", I was being a contrarian to your post laughing at the fact that people bet on mma lol

yeah well if i was forced to only play main events and big spectacle fights i'd probably lose a lot. ufc 229 undercard has some great options already if you look at the implied probability of the lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back