How Much Money Does Dana White Generally Receive Per UFC Event

He most likely has a yearly salary! I don't get where people think that any money a company makes goes straight into the owners pocket, and not back into the company! That isn't how businesses are run (successful ones anyways)

He pretty much gets the goin' rate... plus an extra 10 dollars for every stoppage.

Does he get a salary per say? surely the growth of the company he owns 9% of would be payment enough for the work that he does. If you own your own business do you pay yourself a salary or do you just live off the after tax profits? I'm not really sure on the details as I don't own my own business

i think his salary is 5 million, and yes even though he owns 9% he still receives a salary for being the president.

If presidents with stock options/part ownership did not recieve a salary as well, then all presidents of major companies would not get paid lol.

Sherdog is on fire today...where do these people come from?

With the keen business insights on display in this thread, I'm guessing the boardrooms of Fortune 100 companies and some of the finest MBA programs in the world.

Like any promoter / CEO, he'd get a percentage of everything. PPV, Gate etc.

If he's putting up the risk of renting the venue, then he'd get even more compensated.

He'd also get an annual salary, of course (about 5m) but the real money for him would be in making the business grow.

tumblr_mb1h5glX1n1r4c1k8o1_250.gif

He gets a third of the total profit after expensives and taxes

Looking around at that site, it's some dude with a Bachelor's degree speculating all to hell to come up with those numbers. No source on the $5 million salary for Dana. Maybe there is something out there to back that figure up. But this guy's website doesn't say what that is.

It was just the first link I found.
I

Like any promoter / CEO, he'd get a percentage of everything. PPV, Gate etc.

If he's putting up the risk of renting the venue, then he'd get even more compensated.

He'd also get an annual salary, of course (about 5m) but the real money for him would be in making the business grow.

Pretty sure the UFC is the promoter taking the financial risks. It's very unlikely Dana's personal money is being used to put on or market the events. Dana is an executive in the company and, like other executives, is likely paid according to whatever contract he has with ZUFFA/UFC. His compensation deal as president (or whatever his title is) likely includes a set salary, incentives/bonuses based on performance, stock options, and/or other benefits. As a shareholder, he is likely entitled to a share of any profits paid out to shareholders based on the percentage of the company he holds. Since ZUFFA is not publicly traded, it has no obligation to make executive compensation or shareholder payouts public.

Bottom line, I would be shocked if anyone here has any real information on the actual pay structure in Dana's contract or the dividends he has received as a shareholder. If anyone has seen his contract or his tax returns, please feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
lol I totally expected the first 5-6 responses, good thread.

Does anyone actually have anything though? Someone on here has to know something.

Probably At least 10 million a card. Most likely more.

6 figure contract plus locker room bonus.

Well the fighters who train for 3 months and then get in the cage and fight, generally get from 6000 to 200000 dollars. How much does Dana White get for sitting ringside and watching the fights.
Yeah, because that's all he does.

There is a four letter argument that begins with G and ends with O. And you can't do it fast enough, and for long enough of a duration.

Back