How much money do mma fighters make

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
These stats are for the ufc:
  • The average household income in the U.S. is around $45,000 per year, yet over a third of the UFC’s fighters (213 fighters – 37%) made less than the average American household in 2018. I guess sometimes it doesn’t pay to get punched and kicked in the face.
  • Only 187 fighters in the UFC are currently earning six-figure salaries. This looks extremely bad when compared to the NFL rookie salary minimum of $450,000.
  • 15 men and women wore UFC championship belts (including interim) in 2018, and they earned an average of $783,400 (up from $666,643 in 2017) . This can also be contributed to the rise in interim belts.
  • The highest earning non-UFC champion in 2018 was Conor McGregor, who pulled in an astonishing $3,030,000 (this was only base salary for the fight, PPV split and Sponsorships were believed to have been an upwards of $50 million).

Is it worth getting punched and kicked in the face, your thoughts?

• The average household income in the U.S. is around $45,000 per year, yet over a third of the UFC’s fighters (213 fighters – 37%) made less than the average American household in 2018. I guess sometimes it doesn’t pay to get punched and kicked in the face.
  • Only 187 fighters in the UFC are currently earning six-figure salaries. This looks extremely bad when compared to the NFL rookie salary minimum of $450,000.
  • 15 men and women wore UFC championship belts (including interim) in 2018, and they earned an average of $783,400 (up from $666,643 in 2017) . This can also be contributed to the rise in interim belts.
  • The highest earning non-UFC champion in 2018 was Conor McGregor, who pulled in an astonishing $3,030,000 (this was only base salary for the fight, PPV split and Sponsorships were believed to have been an upwards of $50 million).

Bout tree fiddy

How much is the average in pro boxing?

"Is it worth getting punched and kicked in the face, your thoughts?" since people choose to become pro fighters..
Yes. Yes its worth it to them.

Doesn't matter. They want to fight in the UFC and are willing to take dogshit pay to do it. It takes alot to start being able to negotiate from a good position

if its worth? wake up, wtf, this is a sport. There are many if not all of them who do that bc they love fighting.
I myself love fighting and would do that even without being paid.
However fighters should be paid way more than they get. they deserve it.

The answer to your question if its worth it, yes it is bc i love it.

it's definitely not worth it.
Low pay and wear and tear on your body that will affect your life long after MMA.
I sprained my foot a year ago and it still bothers me at times let alone getting kicked and punched by others with all their might, fuck that noise.
Train and spar sure but only fight for real when there is no other option.

99.9% of the people who end up going pro make sweet fa when all is said and done .

You want to fight because it's in your heart then fight , but if your goal is money then go to school

No. No I don't.

Now you do....

And from an older ESPN article from when he was champ and about to fight Francis
"When Miocic isn't the "baddest man on the planet," he works part-time at the Valley View Fire Department in Cleveland. This requires at least 12 hours a week devoted to everything from putting out fires to helping resuscitate someone who has gone unconscious."

So Stipes part time can actually be as little as 12 hours / week.

If you’re uneducated and have limited life abilities = then sure why not

pretty sure most these fighters rather do what they're doing than make $45k a year working a 9-5 6 days a week given their skillset
even a low paid UFC fighter can make that kind of money fighting just twice a year and from the looks of it most these guys ain't even training a year around

Now you do....

And from an older ESPN article from when he was champ and about to fight Francis
"When Miocic isn't the "baddest man on the planet," he works part-time at the Valley View Fire Department in Cleveland. This requires at least 12 hours a week devoted to everything from putting out fires to helping resuscitate someone who has gone unconscious."

So Stipes part time can actually be as little as 12 hours / week.

So you don't know WHY nor HOW MUCH he works?

<DisgustingHHH>

Look, it's chickenfeed for many. Many have stated it's not enough to cover costs or get by on.

So go google that.

<GinJuice>

Back