How much longer does Usman have?

Orochimaru 大蛇丸

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He just turned 34 in May

His first fight was in 2012, but he had a lifetime of wrestling miles on him prior to that

In this clip he is 3 years younger and says his back is shot, shoulders are shot, and has had 5 knee surgeries

It's impressive he's been able to compete so well knowing all of his injuries, surely he doesn't have many fights left, how many does he have?

Are there any super fights you want to see before he retires?

Seems to have found a 2nd wave of passion. I know he mentioned his body is pain , but I think realizes he can leave a lasting legacy in the sport and is going for it. I say 2 more solid years of High Level fights , staying active , barring major set backs he will fight 3 or 4 more times .

Gonna say 5 fights or 4 years, whichever comes first

Seems to have found a 2nd wave of passion. I know he mentioned his body is pain , but I think realizes he can leave a lasting legacy in the sport and is going for it. I say 2 more solid years of High Level fights , staying active , barring major set backs he will fight 3 or 4 more times .
Yeah maybe, I need to find the soundbite, but I've heard him hint he doesn't have many fights left

I think he's truly disappointed nobody at WW has stood out recently, putting Leon against Nate was so dumb from a matchmaking perspective

theres nobody at top 5 ww right now that can beat him. maybe khamzat in the future.

Yeah maybe, I need to find the soundbite, but I've heard him hint he doesn't have many fights left

I think he's truly disappointed nobody at WW has stood out recently, putting Leon against Nate was so dumb from a matchmaking perspective

I think he has a legitimate competitive fire to test himself and showcase his skills and the sacrifice on his body he has put it in.

At least Coby despite being insufferable will bring it, (If his Jaw isn't diminished from the punishment last time )

I think he has a legitimate competitive fire to test himself and showcase his skills and the sacrifice on his body he has put it in.

At least Coby despite being insufferable will bring it, (If his Jaw isn't diminished from the punishment last time )
Yeah, Colby would be a lot more interesting if he was coming off a big win though

It's a terrible premise the ufc is setting if they do go with this.. telling us it's officially the new era.. just sit out and be inactive and your entitled ass will get everything you want... don't be active cause you'll never get rewarded.

It's a terrible premise the ufc is setting if they do go with this.. telling us it's officially the new era.. just sit out and be inactive and your entitled ass will get everything you want... don't be active cause you'll never get rewarded.
100%, people get mad at Colby, but none of these guys are gonna take a fight when they have a title shot. That on top of matching Leon with Nate has fucked up two of Usman's most interesting potential fights

They lucked out because USMAN is saying line up , I'll knock them down, even if he has to do it again.

He isnt really reliant that much on speed and reflexes. With his style he could still perform at the highest level for another 3-4 years I think.

Based on what? We've seen Usman has significantly improved, there is no reason to think Colby has, it's possible, but we haven't seen it

What did he improve in? I suppose his hands are sharper for sure

Hes been wildly brawling and coming up on top. He cant do this forever

He's already gotten 4 title defenses, which is incredible. History would suggest that he doesn't have too many to go...

That said, the division really lacks a dominant up and coming wrestler who would be able to take advantage of his age and/or injuries and beat him (I think by Dana's choice more than anything), like he did to Woodley. It's inevitable, but he has a couple defenses left in him probably.

Back