How much is your gym?

$100.00 for unlimited MMA and Judo, but all I have time for is 4 hours a week.

3500 Pesos or $83.1730

Pretty expensive for a college student but consdering you are training with a 9 x International BJJ Senior Champion ( Brazil / USA) and a guy who is a 3-time olympian in judo. def worth it. :D

The place that I wanted to train at was $70 a month for one class a week or $95 for 2 classes per week. The killer was the bullshit $190 registration fee.

It depends on the level of training. It depends on the type of school and how reputable the staff and the head instructor is.

75$

I get

3 Bjj's

1 open mat

1 wrestling

1 MMA

130 and my gym sounds similar to yours so that is about right. The level of instruction should certainly be taken into consideration. Mine is done by a BJJ blackbelt for what it's worth.

$150/month

2 BJJ classes
2 Muay Thai classes
2 MMA classes
1 Open mat

Worst thing is, there's no wrestling instruction and the owner/BJJ instructor is a blue belt.

Wow now I know for sure a certain school I was going to was ripping me off.
There prices were -
100 dollars a month for 2 classes a week
185 dollars a month for unlimited
This is just strictly a Jiu jitsu school with a 2nd degree blackbelt.

My normal places are as follow -
35 for boxing
30 dollars a private session for wrestling [ 3time national champ Turkey, only go once or twice a week]
75 for thai boxing
89 for judo/submission grappling
I can not afford all that so I vary going to certain schools once every other week or even month. Plus my job gets in the way of almost everything. Its hard out there for up and coming fighters.

Need to move to the west coast where MMA is plentiful.

Most places that have "fitness" classes or "cardio boxing/kickboxing" or other gym amenities that aren't typically included in straight BJJ/MT/MMA gyms will negotiate price like that. They're all about getting that contract signed to add members for any facet of the gym. Always negotiate with these guys. Hmm and Haw with them. Tell them you need to think about it. If they say this is a "One time" or "First time" offer... it's not. They will take less.

Straight fighting gyms, however, tend not to play games for profit. They're in the business of building fighters more so than making profits.
I think your casting what my gym does in a McDojo'y light. This is completely false.

The fitness classes aren't cardio kickboxing, or classes designed to pull in money. They are for the fat, out of shape guys, or new guys that come in with zero cardio and zero grappling experience.

It's kind of like a combined submission grappling/MMA class. They were training beside us last night (the gi class) so I got a really good picture of what they were doing. It was mostly a wrestling workout with lots of drills interspersed with some technique. Another fitness class I saw they straight up trained MMA techniques. Stuff like how to punch and elbow from the mount correctly, how to cover up effectively from guard, etc. And yes, most of the guys were overweight, big, and looked like they could stand to lose 20 lbs. And yes, they were sweating and breathing real hard during and after.

I don't doubt that there are gyms that add bogus fitness classes in order to make more money (hence "mcDojo'y"), but my gym definitely does not do this. I invite you to come over to the gym (ATT Port St. Lucie) and check it out if you are ever in the area.

I train with Team Link un Ludlow. Starting $100 a month for 2 classes per week. Each class is 2hours long.

$140 a month for unlimited BJJ. MT class (1 hr 3x week) is $30 extra a month with BJJ.

I made the Fight Team with Marcus Vinicius at Beverly Hills Jujitsu so all my training is free!

hey i train at dave's school in santa rosa. its the bomb. if you want to learn no gi you won't find a better place.

$99 at ATT for unlimited classes. day classes 6 days a week, mma classes, gi and no gi, and muay thai, boxing and open mat on saturdays.

you should definitely check out dave terrrells place though, dudes got game!

$30/ month. MMA every Tuesday thats open to everyone. MMA on Wed and Thurs. for the guys that fight. BJJ Tues, Wed, and Thurs. Open mat Friday. Brown belt instructor under Pedro Sauer for BJJ. MMA guy was a world champion kickboxer and has a purple belt, will be brown this summer, from Pedro. He placed at the Pan Ams last year in his division. Good group of guys, makes it fun. Love going there.

$80-$100 a month depending on how long your contract is. Unlimited training.

$75/month for everything...BJJ, standup, and cardio from 7-10pm on Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Tuesdays and Thursdays are rest days (do light workouts & cardio at home on those days). We train like monsters...5 days a week would be too much.

Back