How much is enough?..

genecop

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not looking for a dollar figure, that discussion just turns into a meaningless Ego driven thread..

I know many people Rich and Poor, but I am always amazed at the middle aged and older that still work 60+ hours a week chasing the almighty dollar..

I retired early...I live pretty simply, eat what I want, travel, a few cars....warm in the winter, cool in the summer..

Beyond that what does money really get you? More useless stuff you don’t need, and more pressure to maintain that stuff...

For some people it's about the work. My grandpa turns 80 in August and still jumps out of bed everyday to go play on his bulldozer(grading company). All he ever wanted to do was run heavy equipment and when he took the plunge to start his own company 50 years ago he says he retired that day and hasn't worked since.

I'd be perfectly happy to let the people that work for him run things while I sat on the beach collecting checks but to each their own lol

If I was given 2 million dollars right now I would retire at 27

I know some of you are gonna say thats not enough to last the rest of my life. LOL, nah. I'd find a way to make it work easily.

Penny for your thoughts?

seriously I need the money

Not looking for a dollar figure, that discussion just turns into a meaningless Ego driven thread..

I know many people Rich and Poor, but I am always amazed at the middle aged and older that still work 60+ hours a week chasing the almighty dollar..

I retired early...I live pretty simply, eat what I want, travel, a few cars....warm in the winter, cool in the summer..

Beyond that what does money really get you? More useless stuff you don’t need, and more pressure to maintain that stuff...
It gets you a lot of stuff. Do you know how many women I could buy with a million dollars? Do you know how much drugs I could buy?

Actually, forget all that. Do you know how many drug-filled fucking women I could buy? A lot

I know some of you are gonna say thats not enough to last the rest of my life. LOL, nah. I'd find a way to make it work easily.
You'd burn through that in 6 months and have to start selling ass on camping trips to make ends meet.

You'd burn through that in 6 months and have to start selling ass on camping trips to make ends meet.
if I was so stupid that I burned it all in 6 months I would gladly sell my ass in the woods. I'd deserve it

As J.D. Rockefeller once said, "just a little bit more."

Most people want to buy stuff they don’t need to impress people they don’t like. So it’s never enough. Survivalists turned to consumers. We are bombarded with ads, media etc etc telling us we aren’t enough, we need more, look what so and so has etc now more than ever. People over pay for a brand name even if it’s the exact same product because they want people to know they are “important”

I decided at age 20 I wasn't going to live poor. I grew up poor and wasn't about to continue it. In my mind I just wanted to live without worry. If a car breaks down I get it fixed if the latest and greatest is out I get it. At age 34 I live pretty comfortably. On my way to an early retirement but as of now I still need to hold down my day job a few more years and I'm fine with that

Enough to fund my vices with enough left over for travel.

I decided at age 20 I wasn't going to live poor. I grew up poor and wasn't about to continue it. In my mind I just wanted to live without worry. If a car breaks down I get it fixed if the latest and greatest is out I get it. At age 34 I live pretty comfortably. On my way to an early retirement but as of now I still need to hold down my day job a few more years and I'm fine with that

I'm with you dude. My old man was a deadbeat and my mom worked 2-3 jobs to keep me and my brother fed. My goal in life from a young age was simple. All I ever wanted was to be able to go to the grocery store and buy the food I wanted. The problem is, even in my success I still have the poor person mindset. I have trouble actually enjoying my money because I can't be 100% certain it'll be there when I really need it.

For real, I'd take one mil into some sure investments that made me residual income and to leave my kiddos. I really don't need alot either, I'd prob camp most of the time.

You could buy 1 ton of cocaine for 2.2 million and that would end to resulting in close to 200mil if it was all sold to the very last gram.

You could buy 1 ton of cocaine for 2.2 million and turn it into 200m if you had the means to sell it all
Sounds like an awesome idea. Let me turn a 2 million dollar blessing into potentially life in federal prison or being murdered.

Greed is the downfall of so many people.

You guys hear about the dude that scammed google and apple out of something like 140million? Sending fake invoices to be paid to him. Dude could have fucked off at 20 million and lived like a King of Kings and never been caught. But he got so fucking greedy..

i dont know, like a triple quadrillion or something

Some people like working, some want to make money to leave to their families. What's really bizarre is people who are shocked to find out not everyone is a bum looking to do the bare minimum.

Sounds like an awesome idea. Let me turn a 2 million dollar blessing into potentially life in federal prison or being murdered.

Greed is the downfall of so many people.

You guys hear about the dude that scammed google and apple out of something like 140million? Sending fake invoices to be paid to him. Dude could have fucked off at 20 million and lived like a King of Kings and never been caught. But he got so fucking greedy..

True. But that guy scamming google was asking for it.

... if you didn’t want to sell it down to the very last gram, you could sell the 907kgs for 48-54 grand each and profit 40-50 mil. Lol

Simply living off of 2mil and not investing it somehow won’t work, you will run out eventually and be forced to go back to work.

Back