How much harder is to do sprints in the hot temperatures ?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Laza cds mma, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Laza cds mma

Laza cds mma Orange Belt

I have been doing 10x40 seconds sprints with about 60 seconds rest in between for a while, then i made a big break from sprinting ( 2 years ) and now i have started again, i am doing 5x20 second sprints AND I AM DYING , can it be because of the weather also , because i live in Serbia and it is around 30 degrees celsius around midnight when i sprint, really hot , can that be one of the factors ?

2. btwrestler119

btwrestler119 Green Belt

It could be one of the factors but I would venture to say the largest factor is the 2 years of de-training.

3. TCoates3

TCoates3 White Belt

I know it takes a bit of adjustment for me. I go to school up north but live in south florida, and damn near die whenever I get home and try to run sprints. Happened two days ago. However, 20 seconds is not a short sprint, and time away could definitely make that very hard, like the above poster said.

4. FlexBelt

FlexBelt Orange Belt

20 second sprints? Are you going at 100%? That's insane.

5. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

Humidity and altitude matter too, besides temperature.

Any type of challenging cardio will be much tougher in a very humid environment.

6. Tosa

Tosa Red Belt

It is harder to exercise in high heat/humidity. The body increases blood flow to the skin, to help cool the body, which means less blood flow to the working muscles and more work for the heart. Any dehydration will also make blood more viscous, which means the heart has to work harder to pump blood.

That said, not having done sprints in two years is a pretty big factor.

7. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

A lot harder.

8. flikerstance

flikerstance floridaman

Your cardio goes faster than muscle mass lol hell i havnt trained at all since january i use too be in amazing shape now i can prob barely run 2 miles getting back into training is the worst too but don't burn yourself out trying to go all out coming back.

9. Rex Luger

Rex Luger The Rex Express Platinum Member

I just did some hill sprints the other day, it was around 102 and I haven't did them in a while. That shit sucked butt.

10. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

Oh man. I remember my first summer in Ga. There was a massive hill nearby that I'd run (crawl) up. After just a few, I'd be spent. It's incredible how draining the heat can be.

11. Rex Luger

Rex Luger The Rex Express Platinum Member

fuck yeah, I usually try to wait for it to cool off a bit, but I was forced to do it mid day. I was hurting, I would of slapped my own mother for a gatorade.

12. ironwolf

ironwolf Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

If the heat is messing you up, get up early to get it done. In. Y experience it's better to do it earlier because sometimes it stays hot even into the night, plus motivation goes away when you are waiting until 9-10pm to do a run.

It's hot and humid as hell here so I'm out the door by 5 to get my runs in this time of year.

13. Laza cds mma

Laza cds mma Orange Belt

WHat do you think about this exercise ? So it's 20 seconds of 100% sprinting then i walk back to the starting point, then repeat, i will do this untill i get into shape then i am going to start 40 second sprints , what do you think ?