How much / hard did mcgregor train for Khabib?

I don't think it's about matching Khabib's wrestling. If he was able to train to create scrambles the same way Justin & Tony do, then he'd have a better shot than trying to go head on head grappling with Khabib

BrilliantBraveBluebreastedkookaburra-small.gif

Fuck it, might as well try it LOL

Of course not match his wrestling, but gain enough muscle memory, and lactic acid in his body to combat Khabib's grappling, in a defensive, or neutral manner. And his striking, no matter how hard he trains won't be up to par to finish or consistently catch Khabib, because he'll always be worried about his grappling. Conor is as close to a finished product as it gets. He basically is what he is, like a lot of fighters that have been in the game this long.

Like pettis, he's never gonna become a different enough fighter to be able to beat a guy like Khabib, or change up enough to go on the type of winning streaks that a Tony Ferg can.

Realistically, Conor always had a ceiling to his success, because of his base fighting style.

Even in a super short edited video clip you can see him looking kinda sloppy and slow (compared to him going into aldo or Eddie fight)

he trained the most he ever had in his life.

and he still sucked.

About as hard as badly broken foot would allow

I don't think it was a matter of how hard he trained, it was how he trained.

I've never seen Conor banged up like that going into a fight before. Maybe he just didn't share the photographs back then. Looked like he was getting hit more than he ever got hit before. Going into the Eddie fight he came in without a scratch

View attachment 589895
View attachment 589897
And even videos like this were a bit concerning. Hands down chin up, careless

You are pathetic.

I think he got sucked into partying and drugs and didn't train nearly enough. Partying, cocaine, booze, and whores do not mix with being your best. Though Jon Jones may disagree.

He knew who is opponent would be for a long time, and refused media to focus on training, these excuses are really getting annoying

Harder than his other fights for sure. He had more time to prepare and this one had a personal element to it. Before he was on a tear so that could have led to complacency and relying on momentum/hype and talent against smaller guys

Conor and his McNuggets going full Brazilian.
If Mendes got enough training with 2 weeks then Conor got enough training with 3 months.

Last edited:
Not that it matter much now.. But i kinda wonder how his training was for the Khabib fight.

I was watching a few episodes of UFC main event. And they show footage from the training camps.

Anyway.. The episode of Khabib vs mcgregor, used only old footage of mcgregor training.

Kinda make you wonder how far out of his prime, floyd loss knocked him.

Sorry for another mcgregor thread
I believe he trained hard …but Conor is what he is...and the Nate fight highlighted his cardio problems....His other fights were basically 3 rounders or quick KOs...or fights were he was able to control the tempo...my personally opinion is he is a good fighter that benefited from great promotion and mic skills that masked his true short comings as a fighter.

Back