How much for shin pads?

Godhand13

White Belt
Reaction score
How much am I looking at for a decent pair of kickboxing shin pads?

Depending on the brand you choose I'd say anywhere from 40-100 dollars for a high quality pair. There are decent one's for cheaper but they aren't as durable.

^ Yep, $40.00 to about $100.00 should cover just about everything. IMHO, you may want to take a look at the Fairtex "Pro" Style Shin Pads or the Hayabusa Pro Striking Shin Pads.

:icon_chee

Is that in American dollars? Cos I'm from Australia and our dollar is worth less

Is that in American dollars? Cos I'm from Australia and our dollar is worth less

Yes, but most quality stuff is in the mid-range for those prices, and not at the top end, if that helps.

:icon_chee

If you're concerned about pricing, you could get cloth shinguards until you can afford more expensive ones. They're much less expensive.

That being said, I bought 20$ (US) shinguards from Title MMA a few years ago and used them for Muay Thai, Pradal Serey, Sanshou and Kyokushin 2-3 per week for 2-3 years and they were perfectly fine. So you should be able to find something reasonable that fits your budget.

Ouch, tasmania. If you're near Hobart there might be a martial art stores thats a distributor of "Punch" equipment. Australian made gear, got my gloves from a seller in Brisbane and they're great. A few other guys I train with have stuff from them. All great quality.

If not you'd probably have to import, check out FightStuff - Australia thats where I got my shin pads from. Prices are in AUD, normally allow $20-25 for shipping.

Whatever you do, don't buy everlast.

yeah, there is a shop, but it's got nothing under $120... I'm still looking around though, I'm pretty sure there are a couple others

Back