How much does your BJJ class focus on throws/takedowns?

greenarrow

White Belt
Reaction score
Just curious how much your BJJ classes focus on takedowns? 0 to 5%, 5% to 10%, 10% to 20%, 20%,to 30%, or >30%. If a moderator or an admin could make this into a poll, that would be great.

There have been like three or four threads about this topic this week alone, just FYI.

My gym has two half-hour takedown classes a week. One is gi and one is no-gi. I go to both.

Just curious how much your BJJ classes focus on takedowns? 0 to 5%, 5% to 10%, 10% to 20%, 20%,to 30%, or >30%. If a moderator or an admin could make this into a poll, that would be great.

5%. That's why I do judo and wrestling as well.

2 wrestling classes a week. every once in a while there is a surprise judo class during a gi day.

For me its 0-5%

I also do Judo to learn some throws, problem is I'm having trouble translating them to BJJ competition.

Two out of eigth classes a week are takedowns only, one gi and one no-gi. Takedowns occasionally rear their head in the other classes as well, but that is rare.

I'd like to point out that while it may seem that we do 25% takedowns, these two classes have much lower attendance than the regular ones. Takedowns are hard work.

We have a takedowns/throws class for an hour once a week.

We have 2 takedown classes per week. Otherwise probably 5% in BJJ alone.

anywhere from between 5 - 20% maybe? it varies but it's never enough.

I love teh takedowns.

Back