How much does Frankie Edger have left in the tank?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He is one of the best ever in my honest opinion but its hard to tell with him, sometimes he just cant beat the top 1 or 2 guys, can beat max?

Not much. He looked pretty meh against Swanson and that was like forever ago.

Last edited:
he hasn’t transitioned into Frank yet, so I think he’s still got some pep in his step

Not enough to beat Max. Its a bad matchup for him in the first place.

Frankie is smart, he can keep his distance and use short punches inside where Max is at disadvantage. He might steal one.

He doesn't HAVE a tank.

He IS the tank.

Frank "the Tank" Edgar.

Frankie Edger
Andersen Silver
Conner McGreger

I thought he was done back in 2012-2013 with his losses to Benson and Jose but he made a believer out of me with his gigantic heart. I shouldn't have as those guys were killers. Frankie reminds me of Dan Henderson in that he is one of the few guys who just might be able to fight well beyond his prime and rack up wins. I suspect he may alternate wins and losses but I have nothing bad to say about Mr. Edgar. He is a truly a savage, albeit a savage with real skills. I think Frankie will know when to hang it up.

He is one of the best ever in my honest opinion but its hard to tell with him, sometimes he just cant beat the top 1 or 2 guys, can beat max?
I expect KO or TKO. Frankie is over the hill.

He got a sacrificial title shot, Dana gave him one last big fight before it becomes too obvious that he can't hang at the top anymore. Hope I'm wrong, seeing Edgar with a new belt would be awesome.

not enough to beat holloway, i don't think any version of edgar would ever beat current holloway.

max most likely uses his head as a speedbag.

Frankie has proven people wrong more times than not,... so I never count him out. But I think Max is just so on fire past few years, he'll end up with the win .

Edgar's an all time great in 2 divisions. Aside from a short notice upset to Ortega, he has looked dominant. Can he exploit the weaknesses in Max's grappling game and match his cardio? That's what I'm looking forward to finding out. If it goes to decision, I would favor Edgar.

He is the 2nd recipient of the Hendo-Weight Award: not top 3 in any one weight division, but spent much of his career in the top 3 across multiple divisions.

3-1 underdog feels right. I expect him to lose, but don't count him out. And he still beats 6 or 7 of the top 10 guys.

Last edited:
not enough to beat holloway, i don't think any version of edgar would ever beat current holloway.

max most likely uses his head as a speedbag.
I guarantee Frankie from 2010-2014 beats Max Holloway.

Seems like he's still a top FW to me, Aldo is and always has been just a terrible match up for him and he got caught with a bomb from Ortega. I think part of the reason Ortega caught him with that bomb is cause he was so worried about his submission game and Holloway isn't close to that dangerous on the ground.

It should be a good fight and will be really interesting to see Holloway fight a high level wrestler since I don't think he has at FW.

Enough to beat Max and win the Featherweight strap, that's for sure...

Mystic Lockard is calling it - Since I know the 23 Enigma is true, and since Frankie's next win will be his 23rd win, and since Max is 27 years old (27 is a variation of 23) and losing his next fight means he lost the second and third fights of his 27th year, I'm picking Edgar to win this.

I wished he would have gone down to 135. He'll be so much better there.

Back