How much do you think Conor has declined?

He was always about as good as Diaz in his prime but he seems like a shell of that man at 27 or 28 now that he's 31 and lived rough.

People are doubting Conor because he lost his last fight and isn't fighting as much as he did when he was an up and comer. People doubted him and said that after getting 100 million from Floyd that he would never return and fight Khabib but he did. It's the same thing now as well, Conor is on top of the mountain and other than re-matching Khabib and getting his title back there isn't anyone else out there who can offer Conor anything

I don't think he has declined. In fact, I think he has improved. The difference is that he is no longer fighting guys like Marcus Brimage, Diego Brendao, 3-2 Max Holloway, Denis Siver, and 3-1 Eddie Alvarez.

Conor beat an average fighter, Dustin Poirier, and he had his greatest win against an all time great, Jose Aldo. That is 2 fair and square victories.

The guy has a poor resume. Close to 50% of Conor's fights in the UFC were against fighters who had WMMA can resumes in the UFC or short-notice opponents. Facts.

well, he's gotten older so his reaction time has diminished that much is certain.

I don't think that he has. IMO He actually looked decent in the Khabib fight and was just overwhelmed by a bad stylistic match up.

He's fighting guys his size now, and people know what his weakness is. This is why it's hard to have a long title reign. Eventually, you get figured out.

He hasn't declined at all, Khabib was always gonna be a nightmare matchup for him. Floyd is arguably the GOAT boxer and Conor was always gonna be a fish out of water there regardless, since boxing isn't even his sport. Both fighters are also undefeated, so it's not like Conor failed at doing anything that somebody else didn't by losing.

Book Conor in a fight with Ferguson, Gaethje, Cerrone, Al, Barboza, etc. and then tell me how much you think he's "declined." He'd knock everyone of those guys out in 2-3 rounds max.

Top 5 145, but he can’t make it so that’s out

Top 10 155, probably 6-7?

Probably not as much as people think. Theres 2 problems 1. Hes obviously getting older and is pretty inactive. 2. He was never as good as his hype. Hes a flawed fighter, a very skilled and dangerous one but very flawed.

I don't think has declined. Khabib is probably pound for pound the best guy in the UFC in judo/takedowns. If Khabib couldn't get Conner to the ground he probably would have won. Same with Dustin in the up coming fight. Who ever stops the Khabib takedown beats Khabib. The rest of his game is mediocre. He also can be knocked out. He was stunned by Michael Johnson. He is beatable.

Yes, Khabib was super duper rocked. WTF are you on man? Don't do drugs!!

5 kilo of the best peruvian coke equals 40% decline imo

People are doubting Conor because he lost his last fight and isn't fighting as much as he did when he was an up and comer. People doubted him and said that after getting 100 million from Floyd that he would never return and fight Khabib but he did. It's the same thing now as well, Conor is on top of the mountain and other than re-matching Khabib and getting his title back there isn't anyone else out there who can offer Conor anything
{<jordan}

A lot. Coke + partying + inactivity.

His entire style depends on timing. The worst thing you can do is be inactive and lose your timing.

He was always about as good as Diaz in his prime but he seems like a shell of that man at 27 or 28 now that he's 31 and lived rough.
Jan 2015, Pre-USADA
Conor-McGregor.png

Jul 2015, Post-USADA
chad-mendes-conor-mcgregor-mma-ufc-189-mendes-vs-mcgregor-850x560.jpg

He got a stomach tattoo to cover up his loss of definition.

Conor beat an average fighter, Dustin Poirier, and he had his greatest win against an all time great, Jose Aldo. That is 2 fair and square victories.
He actually cheated against Poirier.

giphy.gif

McGregor hit him twice in the back of the head, and since he grabbed Poirier's neck it means the punches weren't in transition (i.e. Poirier couldn't have turned his head to make them legal strikes). Funny how the ref who had plain view of this foul also let McGregor get away with over 20 fouls against Nurmagomedov.

He isn't old enough for his reaction time to have diminished. He's only 31
yes, he is.

My reflexes were incredible from about age 16 to 24 or 25. I remember somewhere between ages 26 to 28 realizing I wouldn't be ever able to move the same way I once did.

People could catch me with a sucker punch but that next shot just required me to move my head or catch it midair with my hand in my prime.

Wayyyyyy better than Diaz just a bad stylistic match up for him, also he has lived foooking comfy since the Mayweather fight. But, I'd say his interests are more in being an entrepreneur and being a good dad, so I'd say top10-15 LW at the moment. After the Alvarez fight, he was top3 for sure (with Khabib, T ferg)

Back