How much do you pay

I dropped in a couple months back and the rate is $40/day (although you may attend all the classes they offer within your belt level in that one day). They have specials, like if you buy three days, you get the fourth free.

Unfortunately the day I dropped in, they only offered a no gi class and a black belt class. So I only got to do one class for $40... The teaching was amazing (that goes without saying), but I was surprised to learn that they don't allow people who haven't trained for at least six months or so to free roll at all.

Thought that was interesting... Usually schools will encourage new people to watch rolling sessions for a class or two before letting them roll, but I can understand them wanting to minimize injuries, although I'm glad I didn't have to wait six months to roll at my school.

Yea well now it is 45 haha. Well they don't allow people who DO NOT PAY for Masters level class and up to free roll "which i also find silly" but whatever. If you just pay for the beginners class which is like 155 a month you cannot go and free roll when they split the beginners class up after the technique drilling. Which means you have to go and work on more technique and get to roll a bit with that person. They do this for business reasons and not "liability issues." As much as ANY school would like to say they are covered by their waiver liability form if you really know the law they are not. If you are injured doing anything someone will always find a way to sue you. That is what lawyers are for.

No disrespect to your school but DAAAAAAAMN. You get two free classes at my school. This includes technique, cardio, free roll, everything everyone else does that day. They are open 7 days a week with morning and evening classes.

Yes, well, that is how it is done there. I also go to another MMA/BJJ school in the area and the instructor there will have you come to the class for a week and if he doesnt like you or thinks you won't gel with the other guys you CAN"T join. Reason for this is because "one bad apple will ruin 15 of his students" etc. I actually like that policy.

Yes, well, that is how it is done there. I also go to another MMA/BJJ school in the area and the instructor there will have you come to the class for a week and if he doesnt like you or thinks you won't gel with the other guys you CAN"T join. Reason for this is because "one bad apple will ruin 15 of his students" etc. I actually like that policy.

Yup, thats a good policy. At least you know some meathead isn't gonna join and spaz every class.

Back