How much do you like Conor McGregor?

McGoat doesn't have the skill to beat Edgar, Mendes or Aldo!

Im really intrigued by mcgregor. So far he has walked every bit of the talk and that's impressive considering how much he has said about how great he is. I was really impressed meeting him at the LA presser for his Poirier fight. He beat dustin that day mentally and I've never seen that at a press conference. He wins this fight and he will hold almost all the cards. Aldo holding the belt being the biggest card and the only card mcgregor doesn't have. IF he beats siver

large.gif

I am not trying to be your friend.

Why do you come to spend your time here then? This is an MMA website where people can come and discuss both the sport which (hopefully) we share as common ground as well as other various issues. Disagreement over opinion is fine but interracting with others is par for the course here.

Do you come here solely to belittle others and spout off your (at times overly verbose) opinions? If so that is extremely narcissistic and desperately sad. Is there another motivation besides making friends with MMA fans and being a complete asswipe that I haven't considered? I am genuinely intrigued.

Also while I realise theremis likely more than a small element of hyperbole in your statement, what about Conor losing would equate to amtriumph of good over evil? Is any fighter competing against Conor automatically 'good'? What if you hate them as well? Or is the enemy of your enemy by definition your friend. What is the moral basis for your judgement?

I suppose those questions would derail the thread, feel free to shoot me a PM if you wish to reply. I'd love to hear what you have to say and I know you love to say what you feel you have to say, so this arrangement should suit you well.

Why do you come to spend your time here then? This is an MMA website where people can come and discuss both the sport which (hopefully) we share as common ground as well as other various issues. Disagreements over opinion is fine but interracting with others and is par for the course here.

Do you come here solely to belittle others and spout off your (at times overly verbose) opinions? If so that is extremely narcissistic and desperately sad. Is there another motivation besides making friends with MMA fans and being a complete asswipe that I haven't considered? I am genuinely intrigued.

Also while I realise theremis likely more than a small element of hyperbole in your statement, what about Conor losing would equate to amtriumph of good over evil? Is any fighter competing against Conor automatically 'good'? What if you hate them as well? Or is the enemy of your enemy by definition your friend. What is the moral basis for your judgement?

I suppose those questions would derail the thread, feel free to shoot me a PM if you wish to reply. I'd love to hear what you have to say and I know you love to say what you feel you have to say, so this arrangement should suit you well.

tl/dr

Duff bless

Decent prospect right now. Needs to be fed to Mendes and/or Edgar - probably being more than a little protected to try and sell a match with Aldo.

Bizarre group of fanboys though. Usually a guy has to like, do something of real note to warrant that. At a guess, McG. inhereited the shortbus stuffed full of heartsick Sonnen fans who go in for those kind of antics.

I want to like him as a fighter, but can't because of all the d-bag fans he attracts

It's a shame when a bunch of teenage hipsters can ruin my perception of a fighter... I like to watch him fight, but find myself hoping he loses just to shut these idiots up

Until he fights and beats the best in the division...

V3Qkln2W5lFZK.gif

If he's as good as he says he is and all of his fans believe all the hype and striking breakdowns and "elite of the elite", then he should be accepting the challenges of guys like Edgar, Mendes, and Lamas. If he truly can knock out or beat anyone, then why not challenge yourself as a fighter, tell the UFC that he's way better than a fighter like Siver and it's a waste of his time, and start accepting the call outs from the big dogs in the division?

I love him. He is incredibly entertaining, talented, hilarious, spirited and determined. He could become 145's Rousey at this point.

tl/dr

Duff bless

Well I know you're better than this so I guess you can just be chalked up under 'asswipe' and I can spend my time making connections with some of the cool and interesting people around here while you sit alone and angry behind your keyboard. Bless indeed!

My admiration for him has crossed the line from respect for his fighting abilities to sexual.

He is likely the greatest talent this sport has ever seen.

he seems cool, kinda overhype IMO. I can't wait to see his fans face when he get knock out.

love him or hate him, he is what mma needs right now.

This man speaks the troof. I don't like Floyd Mayweather, and I don't even like his fighting style, but he's also the only remaining boxer that I would pay to watch fight Pacman.

As for TS question of how much I like Conor...
51711544.jpg

He's in my top 5 favorite fighters. If he loses to Siver or Aldo, my statement doesn't change. I believe he's done enough to prove that he's not just hype. Sure, an argument can be made that he's overhyped, but people saying he's all hype act like he didn't destroy a decent fighter in Brimmage in his UFC debut, have a fantastic performance against a very good fighter in Max (with a torn ACL for the last round and a half), KO a TUF winner, and KO the #5 FW in the world. At this point, if you don't like him, that's fine, but to say he's ALL hype is incorrect.

He's a cool guy, good fighter. Don't have boner over him like some of the sherdoggers. The whole goat shtick is annoying & unfunny. But kids will be kids I guess

My admiration for him has crossed the line from respect for his fighting abilities to sexual.

Lol

You are far from the only one to reach that level.

Most posters here with a relatively recent join date have been blindly swingin from his bagpipe for some time now.

Back