How much do ufc trainers make?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Seeing how everyones talking about Ludwig as a trainer and how he has transitioned successfuly from fighter to coach, it makes me wonder how much do trainers that train ufc fighters make???

Now I understand that, gsp type fighter makes more money than say a jake shields, or on a lower end, Rick Story, just how like how Greg Jackson makes more money than some other trainers.

But break it down for me, how much does a top ufc trainer make and how much does a trainer of a perlimenary ufc fighter make (assuming if there is only one guy in that coaches care)

I know we have champion level fighters and then we have gatekeeper level fighters and then there are guys who are at the door that fight in the perliminaries. This makes me wonder how much do the trainers make? Is it a flat fee or a percentage of a purse?

Isn't the standard 10% per fight?

Isn't the standard 10% per fight?

think thats for the gyms, as Bang was hired by the gym then Id imagine he was on a regular salary

It varies, but it's usually based on a percentage of income from fights.

Serious answer, It would depend if they are employed by the Camp/Gym like Bang, or are they the GYM owners like Greg Jackson.

you here that 10% goes to the gym and then they pay the employees (wrestling coach/striking coach etc) so it is hard to put a concrete number.

Now not saying this is true, but a sherdog guy close to the firing of Kenny Monday from the Blackzillians, said he was on 200K per year to be their wrestling coach.

They all seem to do pretty well from what Ive seen. None of them are driving busted up cars or living the shitty part of town.

My boy Ricky works at Jacksons/Winkler MMA and Bishop Gorman Wrestling. He also runs University Grappling and he paid cash for his last house. They make quite a bit.

Fight wise the Gym makes 10% Coaches make whatever they have worked out with the fighters manager

Serious answer, It would depend if they are employed by the Camp/Gym like Bang, or are they the GYM owners like Greg Jackson.

you here that 10% goes to the gym and then they pay the employees (wrestling coach/striking coach etc) so it is hard to put a concrete number.

Now not saying this is true, but a sherdog guy close to the firing of Kenny Monday from the Blackzillians, said he was on 200K per year to be their wrestling coach.

200k? Who does Monday think he is? An Olympic Gold Medalist?

Discarded affliction & fcf merchandise which they sell on ebay.

I think the trainers would average around 10-15% of the fighters base purse

They all seem to do pretty well from what Ive seen. None of them are driving busted up cars or living the shitty part of town.

That's good to hear, are these trainers former fighters as well in their own discipline?

Back